Frequently Asked Questions and guidance

In addition to the new rules and guidelines (Talking Sober Rules and Guidelines), we would like to compile some frequently asked questions and guidance about the forum.

Current topics include:
-Muting - categories, threads, users
-How to find and contact moderators
-Parts of the forum that are open to the public
-Editing and deleting posts
-Linking to posts

Please drop any comments below with suggestions and we will consider them.

Many thanks! :bird:

What is muting?

1 Like

Maybe…how to reply to a topic versus an individual’s post. Also, tagging other members.
My apologies if these are already listed. I think I remember learning from discobot.

2 Likes

@aircircle, @eke, @CaptAZ, @ifs want to help her out?

Also, if I tag @moderators do you get a notice?

You can mute threads and categories did that they do not appear in your list. This can be helpful if there is a topic that you are not interested in our you find unhelpful to your sobriety. At the bottom of each thread is a box that you can select.

You can also mute/ignore individual users through your preferences accessed through your profile song settings.
Hope this helps

4 Likes

Thank you😉

1 Like

I can delete it for you. I will message you to discuss.

1 Like

I can’t figure out either how to reply to a topic, not an individual. New here. Thank you.

At the bottom of the topic is a reply button, which replies to the topic, but not to a specific individual within the topic. Welcome.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Checking in daily to maintain focus #16

I’m confused on how to add pics or even comments in groups

Looks like you added a picture just fine!

Is there a simple way to jump to the end of a very long thread? I see I can jump to and put in the number of the last post but wondering if I’m missing an easier way to get to the current part of the discussion. Thanks x

1 Like

Yes there is! :innocent:

There are two ways to do it:

First, you can tap the thread count at bottom right (you see where it says 1326/1361 in this screenshot) and it will pull up a slider where you can drag yourself to the bottom of the thread:

The second option is if you tap on the title of the thread at the top of your screen (the screenshot above, the title is “Checking in daily to maintain focus #42”), it will bring you to the top of the thread, where there is a link that says “last reply > [time of last reply]”. If you tap that, it will take you to last reply in the thread, at the very bottom. For example, in this one, the last reply was three minutes ago:

Welcome to Talking Sober! :wave:

3 Likes

Awesome, thank you so much!

1 Like

I forgot - there’s one more:

When you’re in the main list of threads, you see at right there’s a time count of the last post in each thread - for example, in this screenshot, the Pets thread is at top, and the last post was 1 minute ago.

If you tap that “1m” (1 minute) at right it will take you instantly to the most recent post:

1 Like

How do I reply with a Meme? I see these reply with meme only posts but I don’t know how! :blush:

1 Like

You can upload memes and pics by clicking on the photo icon in the bottom right of the reply box. Once you click on that, it will take you to your phone’s gallery or files.

3 Likes

There’s a photo icon at bottom right when you’re writing your post - tap that and you can post from your Photos / Gifs on your device.

2 Likes