Fresh new start!

I hit rock bottom this weekend. Thankfully my family was there to pick me up off the floor. I need to change not for anyone but myself. Any tips and helpful advise for someone just 2 days sober??

3 Likes

1st, glad you’re here. 2nd, consider asking for help in person too. Meetings, groups, therapy. You can’t have enough of exposure to this way of life in the beginning.

Remember how when we were out there we tended to spend our time with like minded folks who were doing what we wanted to do…

This is no different and if you hang around the old barbershop you will likely get that haircut again. Nobody I’ve seen ever said they were glad they relapsed. Don’t think I will.

We don’t ever have to, or need to, use/drink again.

Welcome to the winning team, Kaycee!

1 Like

Make it to 3. Do whatever you need to not pick up a drink to keep adding up the days. After a while the all-consuming thoughts about a quick drink or ten make room for more varied thoughts about life. Keep adding up the days and you can’t lose. :heart:

1 Like

Welcome to this wonderful sober community. Read around and contribute when you are ready. The first week and first weekend were the hardest. Id suggest you drink plenty of water. Find flavorful non alcoholic substitutes that feel like a treat. Do it one day at a time ODAAT. I dont know about you but i found comfort attending zoom aa meetings. You can checkout in the rooms app or everything aa app for a link to online meetings anytime of day. And journal, journal, journal

1 Like

I needed lots of help to get sober. I used a counselor, AA meetings and the AA program, and a prescription for Antabuse in the first days,weeks and months of sobriety. As @TrustyBird said, your #1 job is to get to bed sober tonight, come hell or high water.

Here’s solid ways members here have gotten and stayed sober.

Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your journey.

4 Likes

It is a fresh new start! I am happy you can see it and have decided to get back up again. I lost my sobriety this weekend in Las Vegas. Not crazy, but I did have 3 glasses of wine. I too, have decided to get back up again. What is your plan for today? Reach out if you need help. This forum offers so much wisdom from the trenches. You can do this!