Fresh out of the hospital

I’m 30 years old and I just got out of the hospital with pancreatitis and having my gall bladder removed. Obviously alcohol is out of the question. I was forced into sobriety. Suffering major withdrawal symptoms and pancreatitis all at the same time in the ER. It’s hard being back home still with a drain tube hanging out of my stomach but wanting the 1 thing that had me end up like this in the first place. I just want things to go back to normal. Whatever that is. I cant fight it though cause having any alcohol could possibly kill me. I’m 11 days sober. First time in 7 years. Before that was 5 months. Longest time in the past 12 years. Now I have no choice but with the help and support of others along the way.
Glad I found this community

8 Likes

I had my gallblatter removed a few months ago. All went well besides a big inflamation to one of the operation wounds.
But I’m all better now and do not miss my gallblatter at all. I hope you feel better soon as well.
Health is a good motivation to stay sober. Do it for you and focus on today. Get your head on that pillow sober tonight and do the same the day after.
You can do it, if I can so can you :facepunch:

1 Like