Friday night - what's up

Day 21. Friday night. After work I went to therapy, then came home and talked on the phone with a friend.

Now cozy on my couch with Netflix and mac and cheese.

Happy sober Friday! What are you up to?

61 Likes

FRIDAY NIGHT THREAAAAD! :tada:

Step work, meeting later, then looking at some Netflix time. Livinā€™ large. :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Itā€™s 5:30 PM here on the West Coast. I am finishing the prep for dinner. I got a slow cooker full of chili and cornbread in the oven. Wife and kids are playing Mario Party so the sound of laughter fills the air. After dinner, gonna watch Haunting of Hill House on Netflix.

11 Likes

Hanging with the kids and the asshole cat in my lap. Will probably ride my bike on the trainer after the little ones go to bed.

7 Likes

8:44 here. Little ones are asleep, and Iā€™m about to take an Epsom salt bath. Readingā€¦something? later. Maybe Grisham?

6 Likes

Got done work around 6:30ā€¦made myself some dinner (sausage w sautĆ©ed cabbage and onions) cleaned the house some, just made ā€œnatureā€™s trufflesā€ (unsweetened cocoa, almonds, shredded coconut and medjool dates) in the freezer so I can have a sweet treat. Now Iā€™m considering making a baby hat for my friend whoā€™s due in a few weeks. Going to bed reading my refuge recovery book after an Epsom salt bathā€¦wild night!!! :joy:

I workā€¦ a lotā€¦and FINALLY my nights/weekends ACTUALLY restore meā˜ŗļø

8 Likes

Love hearing what everyone is up to, including the different time zones. Iā€™m currently in EST but previously lived in GMT.
Iā€™m so happy to be at home taking care of myself, rather than lurking around bars. :sunglasses::two_hearts:šŸ¤ø:hedgehog:

10 Likes

Please tell me more about how you make these truffles - they sound amazing!!

Hmmmā€¦Iā€™m terrible at measuring anything so Iā€™m just gonna guessā€¦ itā€™s like a half cup almonds and a bunch of dates (like 7) pulsed in a food processor. Once itā€™s fairly chopped, add unsweetened shredded coconutā€¦maybe a half cup, a splash of hot water and liiiiiike maybe 1-2Tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa powder and some cinnamon (sometimes I add a little almond extract for flavor.) roll them up into balls (very messy) and put in the freezer for a little bitā€¦itā€™s even better with cashews, but the whole reason I made them was bc the almonds were going to expire!

12 Likes

Thanks! I will try that. I love that combo of things.

Long stressful work week. Feels good coping with stress without masking it with opiates though. Decompressing, then watch a movie with my son with some dinner then ice cream!

11 Likes

Fantastic night! What ice cream?

3 Likes

Hi Ely83. Itā€™s called Nada Moo flavor birthday cake lol

1 Like

If you havenā€™t tried nadamoo! Give it a shotā€¦ itā€™s yummy lol

1 Like

Oooo coconut milk dairy freeā€¦very cool! When I drankā€¦I had ZERO sweet tooth. Well actuallyā€¦since I was a kid I didnā€™t have one. I get sober??? Iā€™ve had more freakin ice cream in the last ten months than in the previous ten yearsā€¦actually, no jokeā€¦probably twenty yearsšŸ˜‚

9 Likes

Right there with you on the newly developed sweet tooth and ice cream train!

1 Like

Caught a rare Friday Krav class, because they were closed on Halloween.

Now Iā€™m eating, will catch some tube, and then maybe cuddle some with the Mrs.

4 Likes

Lol, Iā€™m sort of opposite. When I was loaded on opiates I loved sweets. Now Iā€™m sort of a gym rat, and donā€™t care all that much for sugar. Usually a Friday or Saturday night treat, itā€™s healthy stuff though, and good. Try it!

Nice thanks!!!
I definitely work out more now tooā€¦but also eat more ice creamā€¦I just basically LIVE more now.
Woooo to sobriety!

1 Like

If youā€™d like a smallish bit less guilt, try the Chobani flips. These satisfy my icecream cravings.

1 Like