Friday night - what's up

Push through this work day, then a three day weekend. Counting down the minutes to a meeting tonight.

My ma sent me the gift of a Kindle upgrade (my old one died). Probably curl up with that afterward. :open_book:

3 Likes

I keep forgetting it’s a 3-day weekend! Huzzah!

3 Likes

Thank you MLK. I call this weekend, “So you thought you were ready to go back after the long holidays…” :roll_eyes:

1 Like

What is this weekend thing you talk of? LOL

3 Likes

Its a wondrous time of week, where one can lounge about without giving a damn (sometimes).

2 Likes

Wife and I are childless and parent/inlawless this weekend. Daughter accompanying grandparents on weekend trip. Just me and my bride, the dog and the cat. Supposed to be super cold, and a rare red lunar eclipse.

Shaping up to be a nice weekend.

7 Likes

A nice weekend in with Mrs Yoda, then? How lovely! Enjoy

3 Likes

We mark 20 years on Sunday. We had the “secret” JOP wedding in January and then a big public one in May of that same year.

8 Likes

Awesome! Congratulations on 20 years, that’s great. What a blessing. May you enjoy another 20 and more!

2 Likes

Ah Friday niiight! Being back at work makes me appreciate this time of the week so much more.

Chilling in front of the TV tonight. Tomorrow will do a little work on the laptop. Sunday going to my sister’s in London for a roast lunch :heart:

3 Likes

It’s not a rousing game of 20 questions, but: A survey for my Friday night sober peeps. My answers are in parenthesis.

Top 3 Ice Cream flavors?
(mint chocolate chip [green type, white type is for sociopaths], maple walnut, coffee)

Top 3 cookie flavors?
(oatmeal raisin, peanut butter, dark chocolate chip)

and finally, in order to “balance off” (as my Dad says) all those sweets…

Top 3 vegetables?
(onion, potato, brussels sprouts)

2 Likes

A rousing Friday night of Netflix for me & my bride. Not sure if the 15 year old will be home or not (after a week of midterm exams, probably not!). We will probably start the evening with mocktails and playing some gin rummy.

Top 3 Ice Cream flavors?
Salted caramel, Mint chocolate chip [yes! Green type!], chocolate peanutbutter ripple

Top 3 cookie flavors?
Chocolate chip, m&m, snickerdoodle

Top 3 vegetables?
Brussels sprouts, asparagus, beets

3 Likes

Top 3 ice cream flavours: I don’t usually have ice cream even when offered. I’d probably say dark chocolate, cookie dough, and Skor.
Top 3 cookie flavours: ginger snap, chocolate chip, and peanut butter cookies baked in a small ceramic bowl and topped with vanilla ice cream! (PSA: Please remember to clearly mark your delicious oatmeal raisin cookies as such, so as not to be confused with chocolate chip. They cease to become delicious amidst the confusion)
Top 3 vegetables: cabbage, spinach, onion

3 Likes

Top 3 Ice Cream flavors?
(Vanilla bean, maple walnut, peanut butter fudge)

Top 3 cookie flavors?
(Cookie dough, oatmeal raisin, molasses)

Top 3 vegetables?
(Green beans, mushrooms, brussels sprouts)

2 Likes

Top 3 Ice Cream flavors?
My favourite ice cream, hands down, is So Delicious Cashew Ice Cream, Salted Caramel Cluster. Everything else just pales in comparison. But I do have fond memeories of Baskin Robins Pink Bubble Gum, and Heavenly Hash.

Top 3 cookie flavors?
Gingerbread, shortbread, snickerdoodle

and finally, in order to “balance off” (as my Dad says) all those sweets…

Top 3 vegetables?
mushrooms, brussle sprouts, cauliflower

3 Likes

If I’m ever serving TS dinner (a bad idea with my cooking by the way), I guess I know to at least cook brussel sprouts.

3 Likes

Awww yeah! Molasses cookies! Always forget those.

1 Like

Top 3 vegetables?
(Green beans, mushrooms, brussels sprouts)

Take that, @Donnie_Spiering! Mandi know what’s up with the brussels sprouts!:sunglasses:

1 Like

You are what you eat cabbage patch ladies… Ill stick to my Mc Donalds Mc Cracksticks as my top vegetable…you can salt it up and put chocolate on it. Its still a brussle strout. :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

I’m planning to make deep fried Brussels this weekend…would you try those?