Friday night - what's up

Turns out Saturday storm likely to only give us a couple inches, then round 2 on Monday off 8-12. Praying for a snow day Monday. :pray:

1015pm and been in bed reading, time for sleep. Had awesome meeting that I hadnā€™t been to before - the synchronicity felt powerful. Up and at em 6am Saturday morning for 715 meeting. Hoping for coffee/breakfast with some ladies after. Bonne nuit!

5 Likes

I am on my way home. This is the earliest I have seen in a while! Hooray!

5 Likes

My wife and I did a destination. Aruba. It was perfect. Not cheap still, but we already had a house so we didnā€™t want to spend a ton. Her parents helped out, and a friend let us stay in their time share.

Moving day is coming to a close. Iā€™m so happy to be able to just crash at the end of it, I can use the rest. Tomorrow I can check out the local meetings!

7 Likes

That was so good!!

1 Like

Finished the gym, then went to a meeting. Both were positive and productive while one was terrrible lol in every way it was still positive and productive. Sober Friday night!

3 Likes

Good luck with your big client todayā€¦I hope all is well.:sunflower:

Is there a day alcohol isnā€™t sold in stores? Here itā€™s not sold on Sundays in most places. Good day to go shopping

I watched a few episodes of it, it was pretty good. I thought it was a little slow so I put it aside, but it may have picked up. Iā€™m a ā€˜true crimeā€™ junky at heart :smile:

Weā€™re doing DR. We went to this resort on our first vacation together & loved it. We have a lot of guests coming too so it should be fun.

Itā€™s weird bc when I first got sober Iwas kind of upset about being sober at an all inclusive resort and that I wouldnt be taking advantage of the all inclusive alcoholā€¦ but now Iā€™m actually more excited for the vacation. Iā€™ll be sober & never hung over so I will actually take full advantage of my time there rather than the alcohol. Sober life is just so much better!

4 Likes

Friday, Sober Friday!

Whatā€™s up, amigos?

4 Likes

Iā€™ll be hanging out here a lotā€¦ not really looking forward to this weekend or Spring Break with my kiddos gone. Again.

3 Likes

A block of chocolate sounds great!! Funny how many of us are ā€œall or nothingā€, I am the same way. I canā€™t keep sweets in the house for this very reason. Always had a sweet tooth, especially for ice cream. If I buy any of that, the entire thing will be eaten in one sitting. No doubt about it.

I have nothing going on tonight, just working at home today like normal. Tomorrow I have the first home match of the season for the soccer team I have season tickets for. My Dad is going to come with me. My account rep contacted me yesterday and said he was able to get field passes for us, so we get to watch warm-ups etc down on the pitch, maybe meet some players, which is pretty neat :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Goat doing what he does when he does what he does.

2 Likes

Maybe Iā€™ll give it another try, and thanks for letting me know about the Dirty John doc!! Iā€™m definitely watching that! I listened to the podcast about a year ago. It was appalling to see how unscrupulous dude was, but the woman was kind of in denial too. Such a good true crime drama!

1 Like

Just returned from a 70 minute long run. Pretty cold outside. Now shower, then food and then time to relax. Happy sober friday

4 Likes

Iā€™m heading to Texas for a wedding tomorrow. We were supposed to be there at noon, but will get there by 10PM. So, sober Friday will be spent in airports in 3 different states.

A valuable lesson I teach my kids is that sometimes when a well laid plan goes sideways, it makes for the best story, so handle it with grace. We are having a good time in the terminal regardless. :laughing::wink::grin::flight_departure:

6 Likes

8 Likes

Is it 5 yetā€¦?

Actually, the week is wrapping up quiet so far. Thinking that reminds me of a sign below the clock in high school, though: ā€œTime will pass. Will you?ā€

2 Likes