Friday night - what's up

2 Likes

I ate 3 scotcheroos, a brownie and a cookie today. Along with 3 cups of coffee. And had pizza for dinner. Iā€™m terribleā€¦

3 Likes

@anon19498634 - Ashley are you at work?

1 Like

Nah, youā€™re just living. Yummo!

1 Like

Yes! I have a set work schedule now. Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night :ok_hand:

1 Like

I think she forgot. I siad happy anniversary and she said, oh yeahā€¦ then claimed to remember this morning. :joy:

2 Likes

I stay open and honest about my recovery. I donā€™t have the ability to change anyoneā€™s mind. But if they see recovery is possible, maybe they will be less quick to condense. I had someone post on Facebook that all addicts should be left for dead. I introduced myself as one of those junkies and opened up a conversation. The person was a lot more respectful when they could put a face to the disease. Or they were just playing nice while actively wishing for me to die lol. Either way I stayed sober.

11 Likes

I think people are disdainful of what scares them and what they donā€™t understand. They would rather it just not exist - but we do. We are their sisters, husbands, children, lovers, coworkers. And every time someone who turns away in fear and false rightiousness has to see us for who we are, perhaps they come a little closer to having some compassion and understanding. We are addicts and alcoholics - and are human, just like them.

Thank God for you today. I know you are shaken. I also have every faith that you were supposed to save a valuable life today. - and you did.

7 Likes

I know there have been times when I was younger and looked at that kind of suffering and saw something that was ā€œother.ā€ I didnā€™t know how to process it until experiencing more myself.

For the love of Pete though, to have so little compassion as to react with contempt? Iā€™m grateful you were there and really like Derekā€™s response to this one.

4 Likes

Ugh thatā€™s hard. What was the scenario, is this part of your job or did you just happen to be in the right place at the right time? Either way it sounds like it was a good job you were there!

I know when I volunteer at the soup kitchen, being constantly confronted with the harsh realities of addiction (and not even with OD situations) just wears me down sometimes. Itā€™s horrible and sad and it makes me really angry with the people who are stuck in that cycle. But I hope that doesnā€™t stop me treating them with the kindness and compassion that I believe everyone deserves.

Not defending the attitudes you have come across in any way. But I guess everyone is human, and that means being selfish sometimes. I notice I feel like that more when Iā€™m having a tough day myself, maybe they have some stuff going on. Or maybe they donā€™t and they are lacking kindness and compassion in their lives.

Hope you had a good run! Itā€™s Saturday morning here and Iā€™m saying hello to our new chicks :grin::hatched_chick::heart:

7 Likes

Went to work, hit my regular NA meeting, saw some friends and came home! Now Iā€™m doing laundry and gonna hit the sack early to get up for work tomorrow. For me, routine is not boring! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Crispy Creme, Dunkin, Supermarket? Doesnt matter actually, it looks delishā€¦

3 Likes

Shipleyā€™s :doughnut: (Is this just a Texas thing?) Soooo goood and bad for you. lol

Next time Iā€™m in Texas Iā€™m going to Shipleyā€™s!!

1 Like

Ive been thinking of this lately. Ive never done drugs so i havent my own experience of what kind of hell could it be. But about drug addicts human dignity. There has been a public discussion about that in finland, how they are treated like waste and not getting the help they need. Tough society values added. Ive become to understand more and try to face those people as humans in pain. There is a possibility of me becoming a health care proffessional, if i manage the entrance exams next weekā€¦ keep your thumbs up for me please :four_leaf_clover:

6 Likes

Good for you Hanna. And Iā€™ll keep my fingers crossed for you as well :crossed_fingers:

Thank geoff :blush: thar means a lot. Youre never too old to get a new profession :wink:

1 Like

Who says your old?

The numbersā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

Ha, thatā€™s just numbers. I can jiggle my numbers so that they say something elseā€¦25 yay.