Friday Thread #2

It doesn’t fit any of those categories, but have you seen Lawnmower Man? It is the only film I’ve watched recently and so the only one that I can think of. It is kind of terrible but in a delightful way. And the 1992 (at the time groundbreaking) graphics are really something.

5 Likes

There used to be a Come Dine with Me Canada version too. I loved it! :laughing:

3 Likes

I think you’re the one who told me about it!

3 Likes

Ah that"s cool! I know the personality clashes and arguments are part of the fun of it. But also every now and then there is a group that really gels and I love that!

1 Like

I’ve not seen it, perhaps tonight is the night!

2 Likes

I remember seeing that on laser disc in the 90’s, it was pretty terrible! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hahaaa brilliant!

I am glad I watched it for the first time now. The 90s graphics novelty elemenr definitely helped make it more so bad it’s good. Along with the pure insanity of it all.

2 Likes

Right now I’m gonna be binging The Wire tonight, I’m on season 2. I’m roughly 10 years behind on tv series. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

That’s one I’ve been meaning to check out! Thanks for the reminder.

2 Likes

:joy: Omar’s a bad ass.

3 Likes

Oh no way. He is so good. Fuckin wasted talent. :disappointed:

3 Likes

Oh wow, I watched a lot of that show and I had no idea.

4 Likes

I saw him last on Lovecraft Country and he was so good. Tragic.

2 Likes

I listened to it, too, sad indeed. Grew up listening to it and it’s an all time favorite. No stars here tonight.

1 Like

I ended up taking my boys out for dinner for a father/sons date.

We went to a BBQ joint in town, it’s super good!

14 Likes

I worked today and work the weekend so it will be just normal days until my day off Monday. After work I went to our gym for the first time this year. Those plank successes are motivational. Now a little Spongebob viewing and laundry folding before bed. Happy sober weekend all you beautiful sober folk. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Omar, best character ever.:+1:t2:

1 Like

It is powerful, intense, enraging, fascinating, otherworldly. My kind of show.

1 Like

Oo, yes! I need tips, need to find new shows to watch! :smile:

e7ab2fbb2f544cd3ddbfa91c69cb2930

@Fury

3 Likes