Friday Thread #2

I’ll be at work until 11 p.m. and before that I owe myself a 4 minute plank.
Saturday however, will be glorious. It’s my day to clean house and cook a whole chicken from scratch. Happy impending weekend!

8 Likes

Did my individual and group therapies today. With a therapeutic hike along a small river (an old riverbed of the river Rhine) in between. All in all a good Friday. Now home, I still have some red sauce so I just need to cook some pasta and eat. And relax. Late shifts this weekend so I don’t need to be out of bed early. Looking forward to some down time now. Have a good one all!

9 Likes

Friday wooohooo

Worked from home today. Mainly organized my to do lists. I have alot coming up at work the next two weeks. Ate a healthy lunch. Just signed off 30min early.

Next, id like to find the motivation to walk Boscoe. The weathers gonna be crappy cold for the next 2 weeks.

Trying to cook egg roll in a bowl recipe with turkey tonight. Go grocery shopping. And chill.

9 Likes

I spent most of yesterday thinking it was Friday. :rofl:

So yeah, the week has dragged on for far too long!

5 Likes

I actually got a lot of work done today!

I wrote that sentence above about an hour and a half ago and got interrupted by phone call. My wife was in a minor car accident. She’s ok, but we are at the clinic getting checked out.

I had to go pick her up because she couldn’t drive due to a head injury. Before getting sober, I probably have been too drunk to pick her up. Sobriety has made me a responsible adult!

So… the rest of my friday is up in the air.

10 Likes

Hope shes ok!! Sending positive energy your way

4 Likes

Praying shes okay! And grateful that ur sober to care for her :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Dana, and @Cjp !

She passed concussion protocol and getting xrays now. She gonna be sore for the next several days, but I’m sure she’ll be ok.

Fortunately, traffic was only moving like 10 or 15 mph.

And the car is ok, just a little nick.

9 Likes

This friday has been nothing special but I guess i have less anxiety knowing that i dont have to work tmrw. So thats kind of nice actually. Day was busy but i also got to watch a movie with my hubby while our son was at school. It was funny. My husband called off work today so we had the day together. Proud of myself for exercising today bcuz i initally didnt want to. Sure feels nice tho to be at home, clean and sober, and relaxing :relieved:

8 Likes

Date days are the best! Did you get to watch your movie?

1 Like

I bet she will feel sore for awhile :frowning: but glad it wasnt worse Its amazing tho what even going 10 or 15mph can do! Glad ur able to be there with her. Im sure she really appreciates it

2 Likes

We did! It was some funny movie off of netflix. I cant even remember the name honestly. But it had some popular, recognizable actors/actresses in it. Oh i cant remember what it was called. Thats going to bug me lol

2 Likes

Oh thats great news!! @HoofHearted

3 Likes

I hope your both are well now?

2 Likes

We are, thank you! :blush:

2 Likes

7 Likes

It’s friday again!
What are your friday plans folks?

Here it’s 9.30 in the morning, half of the chores are done, tea and newspaper awaiting me :blush:

Have to deal with resentments and frustrated, helpless emotions. Hot tea and noodle soup for lunch will help.
Having a therapy appointment later and meeting a friend for early dinner make my plans complete.

Have a nice sober friday :hugs:

8 Likes

Yep it’s Friday. On the way to start a 16 hour shift, and is f’n cold and windy. My own fault, I signed up for it. :joy: Hoping for a problem free day to roll into the weekend with. Have a great Friday guys.

8 Likes

7 Likes

I have my first job performance review today at work. Wish me luck. I always get nervous when im the topic of discussion

9 Likes