Friday Thread #2

I survived Single Dad week! Each year this week in March, my wife goes to Vegas for a week for work, so I am home alone with the kids. It didn’t used to be that hard, but adding a 3 year old in the mix increases the challenge level.

Shout out to all the single Moms and Dads out there, you are all amazing!

Anyhow, she is coming home tonight and I get some respite from the madness!

Meanwhile, I have some work things to take care of and dinner to plan. And then pick up the house in preparation for tomorrow, which is music day (getting the band back together)!!

8 Likes

The Friday I have been waiting for for months! My two sons are flying in to surprise their dad for his 60th tomorrow. About to pick them up at the airport! Woo-hoo, I love a successful surprise! Now, if the rain can please hold off…

7 Likes

Today is my last day of work in a 12 day stretch. I like work, it keeps me out of trouble. Tomorrow I will see my family to celebrate my Mom’s 80th birthday. I finally feel ready to meet my family with kindness and openness, no more hiding. I’ll start the day with coffee and a work-out and I’ll end it sober.

7 Likes

Trying to unwind a bit from this week’s news.
Watching a series ‘the replacement’ and being happy that I tidied up at least. My apartment reflected my inside. :zipper_mouth_face:

6 Likes

Grocery shopping and marvel movies with the kids.

I’ve barely slept the last couple nights so let’s see how late I can make it

8 Likes

So I’m 19 days sober, felt very uneasy earlier, felt flat knowing I wanted a drink, kept positive, been asked to go out for a drink by my other half, said no, done food got film on and not moving :joy:tough but I’m not giving in, gym Tommorro and football with son, happy friday all stay strong :muscle::heart:

8 Likes

Time to celebrate! I’m doing the usual stuff, watching the Voice of Finland, but this time with cake, the last piece from last weekend, when I celebrated my 42nd birthday (amongst other things :wink: @Olivia ). But also, we’re finally in a position where I was able to book an appointment in the bank, so we can FINALLY get the inheritance split, and close the bank accounts. It’s been a long struggle, but now it really looks like it’s gonna be done. Fucken finally!!!

10 Likes

That looks SO good! :blush:

2 Likes

Went for a nice walk and feel very relaxed now. :blush:

5 Likes

Happy belated birthday! And congrats on getting that estate all settled finally. Long time coming.

2 Likes

Thank you Rosa! :hugs::heart: It certainly has. A sense of relief is blowing over me!

@GenG the cake is actually a chilli-chocolate cake :hot_pepper::chocolate_bar:! Defo a favourite!

3 Likes

Did my obligatory work duties…i’ll hit it hard monday. Now…its my weekend! Gonna hang with the hubby when hes not working, cook some new recipes, do some AA, and better do some exercising.

I should be greatful my fasting labs all came back normal but my cholesterol. Must increase exercise! Grumble

5 Likes

@Thirdmonkey

5 Likes

It’s friday again TS folks!
What are you doing on your sober friday?

Mine is half over, it’s already lunchtime here. Was up on time, did chores, pets and laundry, had breakfast in the spring sun. Will do more chores, office work and pet snuggling in the afternoon. Planning early bed time because fresh linen is waiting for me …

Calling @Planipennia to contribute :hugs:

10 Likes

Just finished my Friday morning coffee :coffee: I’m only working an hour today before I have the rest of the day off for vacation day with my kiddo. We’ll dress in green today for St. Patrick’s Day :shamrock: then maybe a lunch trip out before his haircut appointment this aft. Maybe a trip to the library.
It’s above freezing today and it’s to rain quite a bit. Should make a nice muddy mess when the snow melts! Lots of muddy dog paw prints are expected in the house :paw_prints:
Happy sober weekend, all!

7 Likes

My three day weekend is here yay! Already took Luna :heart_eyes_cat: to the vet :lab_coat: to have her ears :ear: :ear: checked after her ear infection that caused her to wobble badly a month ago. Happy to say her ears are looking a lot better. Also finished force feeding her AB :pill: yesterday. Better for the both of us :adhesive_bandage:. And finally her nails :nail_care: were clipped so she can sneak up on me at 3 am instead of sounding like she’s wearing high heels on the wooden floor.

Sorry for turning this into a pet thread post. In other weekend news it is seriously warming up outside, too bad there’s some rain around. Still going outside to feel spring approaching. As I will tomorrow and Sunday. Otherwise not too much planned. Sleep :sleeping:. Prepare and eat food :cook: :plate_with_cutlery:. Watch some March Madness :basketball_man:, Six Nations rugby (go Ireland) :rugby_football:, Milan - San Remo :mountain_biking_man:, and of course some football :soccer: . Spend some time here. That’s probably about it. Sorry for turning this into a sports thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Have a great weekend all! :people_hugging: :heart:

12 Likes

Great that Luna is doing better :hugs: Giving pills to a cat … I’m happy with you it’s over.
Sounds like a wonderful weekend!
And the high heels cracked me up, I can relate :rofl:

4 Likes

3 Likes

I have a (welcome) quiet day at work, I’ll be done around noon. Then it’s time for a 2-hr massage.

Incorporating it as part of my lifting/running recovery program. Found a great masseuse who has a firm grasp on physiology and the nervous system. Knows his stuff. Great first session 2 weeks ago.

It’s pricey, but I’m framing it as an investment in my long-term health which is what my life is all about.

10 Likes

That. Sounds. Amazing.

4 Likes