Friday Thread #2

Oh Friday.

Not a lot going on today. Gonna take Penny to the park in an hour, then figure out dinner for tonight. Also gonna try to fit in some drum practice! :smile:

7 Likes

Spring is teasing me…I’m enjoying the sunshine today but these 20 deg temps aren’t fun anymore! Especially after a warm up and most of the snow melting. So this Friday involves staying warm inside. No plans to go anywhere or do much, just the usual watch a movie or two and cuddle up.

6 Likes

My guy went to his first open mic in a loooooong time and got to jam on their drums last night. I imagine Thursday nights may involve me cheering him on in the future. I so hope he can get a group going again. Fingers crossed.

4 Likes

Right on! That sounds like fun! There used to be a few mopen mic nights in town but I guess the establishment owners find that they aren’t driving business and they go away. I wonder if there is an appetite for something like that, that is not in a bar/restaurant, like in social clubs or church?

I signed up to play drums for a gig in July. That will be fun, I think. Got a lot of practice tho, have to learn 10-15 songs and get em down tight. No pressure!

5 Likes

I was impressed by the description he gave of this open mic - everything on the table, poetry, open jams, groups and individuals, magic and so on. They had an opera singer perform! It’s a venue that has a bar, if that makes sense. Not entirely a bar setting.

Good luck, I’m sure you’ll do great. Practice practice practice!

4 Likes

I bet he had the best time ever! :grin::metal:

1 Like

Wow im soooo happy i dont have to worry about getting plastered, driving drunk, and the cops tonight!!

Hubby got the evening off from work so we’ll chill at home

5 Likes

I’m finishing a long shift at work tonight and I have zero plans for the weekend, which is my very favorite way to approach a weekend. Rest is deserved, I’ve been picking up lots of overtime but I might clean, I might read or craft and I might reach out to friends. What I won’t do is drink too much in the name of a nationality I don’t share and ruin my weekend with a rotten hangover. That is for certain.

I was just in the cafeteria at work and a guy said “it’s a good thing I quit drinking last year” to someone else and I badly wanted to exclaim “ME TOO!!!” Unfortunately my painful shyness only managed a little solidarity smile. Next time. Happy sober weekend to you my lovely peeps. Thanks for always helping me remember how much better the sober life is. :rainbow:

8 Likes

Well almost.

17 Likes

It’s friday folks!
What are your sober friday plans?

Here it’s half past two p.m. I’ve been to a constructional negotiation, cut the roses, had a nice coffe with my neighbour, cooked yummi lunch and now I’m on the couch resting.

Will be doing some garden work later and have a therapy appointment in the evening.

A friday full of adulting and relaxing :blush:

9 Likes

Sounds like a full but fulfilling Friday!

I had a slower morning and am finishing up a grocery list to head out soon and beat the Friday rush. Then I need to do some housework and cook a stew for the weekend. It’s easy because I’m using the rest of a corned beef I have so I just have to prep and cook the veggies. Nothing really planned after that, I’m feeling a bit slow today so I will probably take it easy. I’d love to do some reading. Enjoying sunshine now before more snow tonight :snowflake:

Happy Friday!

7 Likes

Waiting for the train and with a bit (lot ) of luck will hopefully be home home by half past ten. Changing the train only once so it might maybe somehow be possible.

6 Likes

Good luck! Going by train is no fun these days :wink:

2 Likes

Happy Friday gang.

Today is a bleh kinda day. I’m not feeling well today. I visited my Dad last weekend and he was a bit under the weather, and now me :sneezing_face:

So, I’m just laying down, watching Bluey, waiting for bed time, which is in like 10 hours. :laughing:

10 Likes

f4f15690214e3edd919f9d1b769e61f1de914ace9646074d045c1f361fc83b0d.0

I hope it goes by quick, :face_with_head_bandage:

2 Likes

Met up with a dear friend one more time before my move on Sunday. Good times and Chinese food.
#blessed

8 Likes

4 Likes

Went to a job site meeting this morning. I had to fake it because I really wish I hadn’t taken the job and didn’t have to do it! I didn’t know at the time I would be going back to work fulltime.

4 Likes

I’m off today before I work a potentially stressful weekend and an old part of my brain was trying to tell me to sleep all day. We compromised and slept late but now I will putter/mosey around getting tiny stuff done. Nothing chaotic or outrageous, just a happy Friday full of peace.

7 Likes

Yaaaa friday threads alive again!

I just got home from a fruitful day at work. I love paydays. Now im gonna make some chicken fajitas and catch up on TS.

Im so fucking greatful im sober and my weekends dont revolve around booze. Now its rejuvenating. Now its freedom. Now its fun. It took me a few months to create new weekend habits but damn is it worth it.

8 Likes