Friday Thread #2

Love this! Had a nice visit in NC last weekend. :wink:

Heading to Mobile tomorrow AM to visit an old friend. So tonight is an early night …peeling fresh shrimp right now. Then…Project Runway before bed.

8 Likes

I am assuming Mobile, AL?

1 Like

Off work for the weekend. Now at home trying to decide what to eat.

I get sleep in to 6 am tomorrow morning. Whooooooohooooooo!!!

Bike ride at 10 tomorrow morning. I will get up and walk for coffee before the ride. Planning to get 4-5 miles walking in first thing.

Now just glad to be off work!!!

4 Likes

Yes, indeed!! Cannot wait!! Another friend may fly in from Dallas as well (works for an airline so she flies free stand by).

Awww, how’s it going? I’m sure you’ve heard this for boys; I used to put cheerios in the toilet to aim at to pee, lol

1 Like

I hear the people are great in NC, as is the BBQ.

I haven’t been to Mobile in a couple years. I always found the city to be peculiar in that for many parts of it, it was like stepping back in time 20 years. My trips were always for work — and I never got to spend much time there – except for the airport. haha.

3 Likes

Teeny tiny airport in Mobile. Tho the Asheville one is small as well. Great people in WNC for sure and we enjoyed catching up with a special friend there…hugs included!!

Mobile bay is so lovely. And the food scene has improved a lot in Mobile. But …there are certainly challenges there.

Edited to add: we did Mobile Mardi Gras once and that was a lot of fun and eye opening.

2 Likes

Last time I was in Mobile they were still trying to build up their downtown. Mardis Gras in the US started in Mobile and then moved to New Orleans. Have fun!!!

1 Like

There are some wonderful areas downtown. Yes, my Mobile friend told me 20 years ago that Mardi Gras started there!! Had a lot of fun at their parades, my husband got to ride a float as a clown and toss goodies out.

Decided to walk to a Nicaraguan restaurant for dinner. They had a special of ribeye with Chimichurri marinade and sauce. It was served with grilled eggplant & peppers.

Nice green salad to start and cheesecake for dessert.

3 Likes

No pics?!?!

1 Like

I forgot… the food was so good I ate it before pics.

1 Like

Mono Lake in Lee Vining, California today. It was so beautiful! Snow on the ground and still 68 degrees (or 20 degrees for my European friends) outside.

5 Likes

Had a walk around the revolution Square in Tijuana. Must say it’s one of the oddest places I’ve walked around.

5 Likes

Back east with family, celebrating the good, long life of my great aunt. She was a special lady, that contagiously positive sort, always.

4 Likes

Yeah! I go by there a lot. Hear it’s great camping.

2 Likes

I heard the same thing about the camping here today. It was so beautiful. Can’t wait to check it out a little further.

1 Like

Oh my gosh… Finally! Someone else who watches Project Runway!! My youngest daughter & I are fans! We watched last night too. Victoria should have gone home! Ugh.

2 Likes

I agree! She does the same thing over and over.

1 Like

Friday afternoon and the sky is blue and the sun is shining. Off to the allotment to catch the last of the light and get fruit trees pruned :herb:

3 Likes