Friday Thread #2

Good game…for you :triumph:

We gave up 3 runs in the 1st, never recovered from it. Mariners pitching was utterly filthy, we couldn’t hit a damn thing against ya’ll.

3 Likes

Welcome to friday folks!
Here it’s already evening and after a productive day I’m on the couch, waiting for my cats to want dinner. Tea, book, my favourite series, everything ready for a nice (and short) evening. Woke up at half past four so I’m quite tired and will hit the pillow early :blush:

11 Likes

Sounds lovely. I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off preparing for a trip to visit family. We usually go visit for a long weekend and it never feels like long enough, so we are going for a full week! I’m so excited, don’t have the usual anxiety before a trip either. My husband will have to work remotely a couple of days next week but it will be fine. I started laundry and am working through a list of to-dos. Can’t wait to see my brother, sister in law and niece and my parents, too. And bringing our dog Lupe will be so fun, too.

8 Likes

46 days ago my child free Friday night consisted of this…soon as my daughter went to her dads id literally drink as much vodka as i could get down as quickly as i could, nothing to eat… often followed by texting ridiculous things to people or upsetting people, embarrassing myself, being sick, blacking out then waking up on the morning the next day hungover and full of guilt…wondering how id manage to get through the day with my 5 year old in tow when she got back from her dads

Fast forward to today and this is my friday night treat… possibly preceded by a chinese take away

Il also be having a long bath with fave music on and then start watching a new Netflix series…i will wake up in the morning fresh as paint and look forward to my daughter coming home from her dads
as we have a crafting day planned

How did i ever think the first option was better?! Week after week i actually chose that??

Life is so much better, happy Friday folks, love to you all :heart:

11 Likes

So glad for you!!! Aren’t weekend mornings a joy now that we’re not recovering from the Irish flu :face_with_thermometer: :heart:

4 Likes

3 more hours of work. Then to the gym. Then home to relax.

Probably stare at my plants with my hands on my hips for a while. As I always do.
Watch the new “Halloween” film although I’m not optimistic about the quality. Still excited for it.
Many Chief pets and cuddles.

12 Likes

Its 10AM here, not really sure what I want to do today. I’ll have some work to do at some point so I can keep collecting a paycheck. Other than that, IDK, homemade dinner and a movie perhaps? Maybe write a song? Who knows!

10 Likes

One of the greatest gifts of not drinking - possibility!

7 Likes

The day after, having no idea how your gonna make it through being so sick when you have something to do, is probably one of the worst feelings ever. I hope I never go back to that.

3 Likes

Aint that the truth!? The only limitations is our imagination and possibly our passport status.

5 Likes

Utterly horrible yet i thought that was having a great Friday night…what was i thinking?!

2 Likes

Thinking the same as me apparently.:thinking:

2 Likes

We just decided to get pizza tonight as the fridge is empty. It used to always be pizza and beer, inseparable. So glad that’s not the case anymore. And I’ll be able to do all the things I need to do before hitting the road tomorrow.

9 Likes

Thankfully we have seen the light!!

2 Likes

Have a fine Friday and beautiful weekend, everbody!

3 Likes

It’s 8pm here. I’m snuggled up on the couch with my hot water bottle (don’t know if that is the correct translation :sweat_smile:) and my tablet watching my fav series. It’s heavily raining outside, makes it 1000x more comfy here :blush:
Going to snack some fish soon with crisp bread and cottage cheese.
I either used to eat tons of chips and flips or some fatty food. Feels better this way :relaxed:

15 Likes

Phew. Still technically working (exempt employee = always on the clock) but 100% checked TF out. One of the more stressful weeks in recent memory. Lots or Murphys Law stuff.

Heading to a haunted house with my girlfriend should do the trick to forget about the week

10 Likes

Coming up to my bedtime as it’s an early shift for me tomorrow morning. Luna’s joining me. All is well. Have a peaceful one all. X

14 Likes

Yeah i love Fridays and seeing this thread pop up. Productive day at work. Hit up my nephews soccer game and nearly froze as the sun went down. I have not acclimated to the cold yet! Unthawing now. Will cook a nice dinner here shortly and catch up on some trash tv. Im here if anyone needs to chat. Early sobriety and weekends were horribly uncomfortable and the friday thread brought me comfort

9 Likes

A wild friday night of podcasts and sewing!

13 Likes