Friday Thread #2

They say it (the one near us) was started by someone(s), the exact nature is unknown.

They also decided to just let it burn and hopefully the rain will put it out :man_shrugging:

I like in a valley that leads right to the Cascades, so it filled with smoke and the eastern winds kept it all in the valley. Its all clear now though, its been raining for a week now and will probably stop in July. :rofl:

1 Like

I have 180 days today. I decided i had too much free time tonight and hit up a speakers mtg. So glad i did. Meetings are like medicine for my soul

12 Likes

Congrats!! 6 months is pretty rad!! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Its groovy man. Im free and joyful. Still get some stupid addictive thoughts but i acknowledge them and keep movin along on my sober path.

5 Likes

A friend wanted me to go out to a bar with her tonight and i politely declined. Instead i came home from work, ate dinner, went grocery shopping, did some yoga and then started cleaning like a mad woman :sweat_smile: I just got in bed and its 11:30…that was my wild friday night lol i love spending it with my dogs!

10 Likes

Yes, you chose a really good band. I hope you can enjoy the concert and that it will rock! :metal:t2:

1 Like

It will be here soon…

6 Likes

It’s FRIDAY!

Work wasnt too busy this week. Made great progress. Off work early. Trying to decide how i will use my free time…dare i paint by number??

Whats everyone up to today?

8 Likes

Paint by number! My husband bought me one for Christmas a few years ago…I wonder if the paints are all dried up???

It’s a rainy day here and I braved the weather to pick up groceries so now I’m listening to Radiohead and getting prepped to make a beef enchilada casserole conglomeration. Im slow today because I spent much of the week deep cleaning my house and today my body is telling me to knock it off already! :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

We have been watching scary movies in honor of Halloween so we’ll probably do the same tonight. Last night was The Shining. There are some newer ones I haven’t seen but I always lean on my old favorites.

4 Likes

It’s my holidays so it doesn’t matter much it’s Friday. I did think -for about a second and a half- about going to my old local and see who’s still hanging around there. But nah. Can’t be arsed.
Watched three episodes of The Bear instead. Excellent drama. It took a little bit of effort not to watch the rest of the season as well in one go. It’s cosy on the couch with Luna.

12 Likes

My wife got home today from a business trip oversees. I haven’t seen her in 2 weeks and have to wait another 5 as she tested positive for covid AGAIN. So, pretty much taking care of the kids and a sickie for a few more days. Ugh…

More pot roast for me tonight, I guess. :smiley:

So my plans are that I have no plans.

12 Likes

Pretty quiet Friday here. Mild but very windy. Home from work and just made a pasta supper. I’m being a big sooky as my kidney is acting up with the darn boulder and causing some pretty consistent discomfort. Can’t wait for bed after kiddo goes to bed so I can lay down. Husband & I just finished season 3 of Goliath last night. Season 4 up next but might wait to watch that after we catch up on the past couple Handmaid’s Tale we missed. This time last week I was in Nova Scotia! Missing it terribly. Was so great to be there again :anchor:

11 Likes

Quiet evening with the cats. I’ll find a show on Netflix or similar and work on my crocheting. I need a new show to watch. Might start Rings of Power.

10 Likes

doge-doge-coin

6 Likes

Good luck with your kidney! I’m glad it’s just discomfort and not blinding pain.

I used to have a friend who lived in Nova Scotia and I’d planned to go visit her, but we had a falling out before that happened. I remember thinking how beautiful it looked when I was doing research on the area. I’d still love to go up there one day.

I do know all the verses of Farewell to Nova Scotia by heart though. :rofl:

2 Likes

Awww thats a bummer @HoofHearted wheres your wife gonna stay?

2 Likes

She’s holed up in our room upstairs and I’m staying on the couch downstairs. Hopefully that will be enough to prevent further infections. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Also what sucks is this is her 2nd infection in in 37 days! Apparently that’s rare. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I’m playing sing a long while my husband learns songs on the guitar and we are remarking just how dark the lyrics are to Stone Temple Pilot’s Plush. Damn. I’m not sure I want to know the backstory to that one.

7 Likes