Friday Thread #2

I don’t know why but I’m extra relieved this Friday is here. It has been a WEEK! The weather is straight up nasty here with cold rain threatening to freeze and I don’t even care. I don’t need to go anywhere and my fridge is stocked. I plan to do some cozy reading, do some cooking and food prep for the weekend, some housework, and then relax by my fake fireplace space heater in the basement with my husband watching whatever. Sounds like a great Friday.

10 Likes

@RosaCanDo Your friday sounds perfect :hugs:
I think, I will do the same later :blush: The weather is the same over here.

Have some office work to finish. I’m happy my office is upstairs. Now it’s lunch time, I have a cozy, warm break from work …

It will be a book and hot chocolate later in the afternoon for me. Maybe watch a film in the evening. Maybe go to bed :smile:
Happy sober friday

6 Likes

Oh my! I am in love with your fireplace!!! And you beautiful kitties too of course :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Enjoy the rest of your day!

2 Likes

And this gal doesn’t want to leave the bed just yet :rofl:

9 Likes

I understand her :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: When it’s grey and ugly outside the best place is the cozy bed :blush: Smart girl Miss Lupe :hugs:

2 Likes

sTczweWUTxLqg

8 Likes

I went to the office 3 days this week, so around 600 miles driven, the most I’ve driven in over a year. I am taking it easy today, I think I’ll do some xmas shopping later today, maybe have a date night too!

9 Likes

I had a hard time dragging myself out of bed today. It’s day 2 of a 6 day off stretch and my lack of motivation/excess of possibilities was crushing my motion. No plans today. I’ll try to eat good food, go for a walk, clean up my place and enjoy my day. I won’t be at work and I won’t be drinking.

9 Likes

Hopefully you’ve made it out of bed!

4 Likes

I just watched Holland crash out of the World Cup. Would have been a reason to get dead drunk four years ago. Would they have won same thing. Never again. Have a good weekend all. Sober and clean. X

8 Likes

So sorry for your loss :pensive::crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

I did. I walked to a coffee shop and read a book while eating a yummy breakfast sandwich. Then my sister drove by me on my walk home so we did our grocery shopping together. I have a house full of food for the night. I’ll see what inspiration strikes me to make for dinner.

I was supposed to have a fun road trip tomorrow but those plans were cancelled due to illness in a friend’s family. Now I have two days with no plans and a little sadness about that. I think I’ll try to cure it with a couch nap. It isn’t productive, but it’s restful.

6 Likes

Let me make you feel even better, LOL.

We have well over 7 in snow and there’s more coming, less than 3 hours of daylight, temp around 17.6F, next week even colder since it can drop to -13F in the nighttime.

And I’m still fucking cycling to work :joy::see_no_evil:

I’m all in for cozy too :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

How…just, HOW?! :scream:

3 Likes

House full of food is good! Of course a chunky monkey like me says that! :laughing:

My reaction when plans get cancelled! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

phew-relieved

6 Likes

On shopping days like this I really do wish I had a car, LOL!

That yellow bag wasn’t heavy but very fragile. I got a massive crazy expensive design vase as a Christmas gift from work. Had to get groceries too, eh.

6 Likes

You’re amazing!!!

2 Likes

When Friday becomes Saturday…

crying-boy

4 Likes

Why so sad?

2 Likes

I had grand plans for Friday, they all fell through, now my Saturday is half burnt through and still haven’t accomplished anything.

3 Likes