Friday Thread #2

Aw man, that’s a bummer. Sorry.

2 Likes

It’s all good. It is what it is. I’m out now, doing it!

2 Likes

I feel this. Day 3 of my 6 days off and I woke from a couch nap to get a take out burger. Being productive is overrated. I might get to some laundry. An RC cola will be enjoyed.

3 Likes

I have an overwhelming sense of guilt if I squander my weekend. Last weekend, I didn’t anything Saturday and spent Sunday watching football all day, Sunday night was really depressed…

A burger and an RC would take those blues right away!

3 Likes

Here ya go!

Technically it’s a Philly on texas toast but it does the trick.
Bob’s Burgers marathon and very light cleaning for the rest of the night.

6 Likes

Atta dude! Excellent all around!

2 Likes

Didn’t know where to post this without potential derailing, so here we go…

Would some German speakers here tell me if this is actually used? :smile::smile::smile: And if so, is it meant to be funny or rude? (I laughed myself silly, ehm.) :see_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

@anon74766472 @Faugxh

5 Likes

aye, meant to be funny-rude dismissive, but lame af. I would not say that. (lame in German. how it is used. the english translation actually sounds funnier)

you in need some good german insults or how can I be of service to you, my dear? :upside_down_face:

btw your placement of this on the friday thread is hilarious.

8 Likes

Nah, I was just going down a meme rabbit hole in Pinterest and came across this. If i ever needed to insult in German I might just do it in my mother tongue :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::face_with_hand_over_mouth::smirk: bahahaa

2 Likes

alright. but since we’re here now: you give me a good one in your language then. :grin:

2 Likes

-Vitun ääliö! = You fucking idiot!

A very common comeback to basically any insult:
-Äitis oli ku sua teki, ja isäs on vieläki!
= You mother was… (paste insult here) when she was having you and your father still is…(repeat insult)!

5 Likes

We in Austria use it as a quite informal not really polite hint that someone urgently needs brain in the skull to fill or enlighten the emptiness in it :grin: It is kind of an arrow prayer here :smile:

Herr, schick Hirn. Oder Steine. Hauptsache du triffst.

The version for cat people is:
Herr, schick Hirn, aber triff nicht dauernd die Katze!
Lord, send brains but don’t strike always the cat (instead of the person in need of brains :scream_cat:)

And I think this is perfect on the friday thread because according to my personal statistics brains are needed on fridays more than on other weekdays sarcastic smile

3 Likes

6 Likes

It’s almost here!! I have an hour until Friday officially kicks off, but its bed time now. :sleeping:

3 Likes

This week will never be over until next tuesday :grimacing: So my friday plans are therapy, some office work, playing and cuddling with the cats and going to bed early. As I’m still in bed I want to stay here all day long :grin: But Miss Marple chews on my phone and gives me purring acupuncture because she wants breakfast and love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I really like it that I don’t allow video calls on my phone, so I can stay in bed a bit longer without being seen while answering the phone :smile:

5 Likes

I’m on day 2 of my 4 day weekend :sunglasses: . Busy day ahead actually. Doctor apointment first. Then the dentist :cold_face:. Later this afternoon going to the movies for the first time in years with my old friend. And grab a bite afterwards. Sort of old fashioned Friday nightish. Without getting slammed that is. Much better. Have a good one all!

9 Likes

6 Likes

friday-meme.jpg

5 Likes

It’s a white and windy Friday here. Snow arrived last night and the roads are a bit treacherous so we’ll be hanging out at home. I will never get our decorations up outside at this rate! Or I’ll convince my fella to help me…we’ll see.

5 Likes

I am pleased to tell everybody: My friday went as planned and the pillows are calling me :blush:

7 Likes