Friday Thread #2

Friday! Looking forward to some rest this weekend. I’ve got a work event that I need to make an appearance at tonight but then I will be relaxing. Happy weekend!

2 Likes

Hooray for Friday! Hooray for no work tomorrow. Hooray for getting my kidney stent out yesterday. Still sore, but so much more comfortable with it out. Yesterday I said to hubby, I’m feeling relief; let’s have a rare “date night” Friday in basement when kiddo goes to bed; maybe watch a movie instead of stabby violent Viking shows; I’ll buy snacks. “Sure!” he says. I buy fun snacks, and fizzy water for me since he has his usual beer & twisted tea crap. Tonight he gets home and I’m making us all burgers. Says the boys want him to come drink in their workshop. So disappointing. If I put my foot down, I’m controlling. If he goes, I’m obviously disappointed, then I’m “bitchy”. Sigh. We’re so fundamentally different people.

So, alas, I’m happy my stent is out. Now I’m in the basement, going to find something funny to watch or play my word games. He’s gone out with guys. Thanks for listening to my whiny venting :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

I’m sorry your husband is being a dufus, he really doesn’t know what he’s missing.

If there’s anythinf positive its that it helps remind me to pay a little more attention to my little lady… but she’s out with her work team tonight… so here I sit alone. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

You can come watch Family Guy with me and share my Simply Doritos :laughing:

4 Likes

15dy

You had me at Family Guy!

6 Likes

I worked tonight so now I’m home with fizzy waters and snacks on the couch. I’m off Saturday and Sunday and have some good plans. Tomorrow I hope (everyone cross all of your toes and all your fingers) to do something workout related, I’m thinking yoga, a run or a nice walk. Then tomorrow night I’m going to a Christmas choral concert with a friend. I’m excited to get dressed up and feel all the big hearted happy feels I get from beautifully sung choral music.

Sunday I’m helping my Mom get a Christmas tree and then dinner and a movie with the hubs. We’re going to see Decision to Leave at our art house theater that just re-opened post Covid.

Happy sober weekend all.

3 Likes

I say go skipping. You cannot NOT have a smile when you’re skipping! Plus it’s hella cool :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Update: I did NOT go to bed because I came across a film about Hotel Sacher in Vienna I really love and haven’t seen for a couple of years. I enjoyed it so much :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush: and was in bed at midnight :scream_cat::grin:

2 Likes

I will strongly consider this. :clap:t3:

2 Likes

Great you got your kidney stent out :+1::sunflower: Hope your evening was nice. Sorry to hear your hubs prefered to go out, he definitely missed a good evening with you :hugs:

I almost posted similarly! Where’s e’rybody!? Our storm was over yesterday and we fared okay, so I ventured out early this morning for some last minute grocery items. The roads were slick and the wind was blustery. Then we hunkered down inside for the day. I spent some time in the kitchen, made sugar cookie dough for cookie decorating tomorrow. Prepped veggies for a pot roast. Made ugly lemon bars that will magically look beautiful when I dust with confectioner’s sugar :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: after it chills overnight. Got an epic nap in, listened to the wind that sounded like the ocean outside. Watched our favorite holiday movie, The Hogfather a la Terry Pratchett and now to get some zzz’s. More baking tomorrow and some relaxation, too. Hope everyone’s doing okay tonight.

6 Likes

Holy shit it is Friday lol holidays fuck up my days

I slept in, went grocery shopping, wrapped gifts and hit an in person aa mtg. Just finished Stand By Me on vice. I didnt know it was based on a stephen king book!

9 Likes

Went to a hockey game with friends
Stayed out WELL past bedtime and didn’t die :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

Oops, I forgot it’s friday :grin:
Had a normal 23rd december. Decorating the really huge christmas tree at a friend together. 6 ladies having lots of fun, eating sandwiches, drinking tea, chatting and laughing. Same procedure as every year and we love it :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

Me too! Forgetting about Friday that is. I had a dentist’s appointment first, then the second session of my (Pesso) group therapy -which was intense- then doing moderator stuff here… Who has time to drink? Not me! Love to you all.

5 Likes

Oh my goodness! That sounds delightful and dare I say I am envious!!! I truly miss my female friends and moments like those together. My “besties” are scattered around this country at this point. I need to make some new friends…:heartpulse: Thank you for sharing this imagery. It really warmed my heart and brought back memories for me.

2 Likes

I get the same kick out of being in these sort of mundane scenarios with strangers but seeing how we are all in it together in that moment. Thanks for sharing. And…tamales! I have never made them and may not ever try, but I do love the tradition of them this time of year, especially. I might have to see if I can find some…

3 Likes

Happy Friday! Day off for me today, and also my kiddo who is off next week too, so I’ll be working from home next week.
Today we were going to go to another movie; this week already we went to the new Puss in Boots movie. We were going to go to see the Disney Strange World movie but we’ve decided to skip that. He has enough almost saved for a new Switch game (he wants some Zelda Breath of the Wild game), so I will take the money we would have spent on the movie and that will give him enough once added to his piggy bank to get the game that’s on sale. Then we’ll pick up some snacks & groceries for New Years. He would like pasta (of course lol) so I’ll make a spaghetti supper and maybe see if he’ll eat some homemade meatballs. Also some buttery garlic buns he loves. Then I might make appetizer type stuff for hubby & I once kiddo goes to bed. Stuffed mushrooms are on my radar :yum: Maybe for us, either rent the new Top Gun movie, or I see the rental of the week is “Where the Crawdad’s Sing”… big decisions! :laughing:

11 Likes

Another week gone! How time flies when I’m relaxing on the couch cultivating lazyness, it is a miracle. This was my friday: A little bit of chores, leftovers from yesterday, petting cats, bingewatching series, play with the phone, leaving the house for the first time since 25th for therapy. Happy in bed with the old boy next to me. A good friday :blush:

8 Likes

My weekend ends once more on Friday night. Had a good day, biking to the farm where I got milk and cheese and pork. Then met my friend in town. Tonight I’m on the couch with Luna. Almost bedtime x

14 Likes