Friday Thread #3

Happy Friday everyone!

The weather is miserable here, don’t mind it too much from my bed, have the window open and the air is lovely and fresh still. We have a yellow weather warning so glad I am working from home as the roads won’t be nice.

I hadn’t realised it was Friday 13th! I have work until lunchtime then no plans. I don’t have any gluten free things in the house so may need to make a trip out, then I can see myself napping!

Have a great Friday all

8 Likes

At 2 am it is Friday here. I worked late tonight and had enough energy to make a spicy tofu dish when I got home. Today is payday so I’ll balance the finances before I fall asleep.

Tomorrow is boring old work but Saturday is exciting for me. My city has a HUGE bi-annual book-sale to benefit a charity that I have been going to since I can remember, probably since I was 5 or 6. Sadly this is the last year because they lost their storage building. I might go both Saturday and Sunday and I budgeted $200 which will get me a lot of books, most cost around $2.00. Last year I filled a hiking backpack and my arms.

Sunday is brunch with a friend and Monday I start therapy. Enjoy your weekends all. Lets do them sober.

11 Likes

Oh wow, that sounds amazing! I would love to see that. Hope you find lots of books (take a photo of your pile :grin:)

4 Likes

Can do! Stay tuned. :star_struck:

3 Likes

Great! I’m looking forward to your book pile :star_struck::nerd_face::+1:

2 Likes

Half day done!
House clean, catfood stored, errands done and I already enjoyed this beautiful autumn weather watching my ex work and chat a bit with him.
Now a nap after yummi lunch.

6 Likes

Are those second hand books? :books:

3 Likes

Happy Friday!!! Just ordered Alan Carr’s stop drinking book, currently at 5 days sober :fire:

8 Likes

Welcome to the thread! I read that book ages ago but need a refresh, thanks for the reminder.

Just finished work and had lunch. I made soup instead of having to go out to get GF bread etc. Much healthier. I have missed making soup but just never fancy it in the summer. Nap time :grin:

6 Likes

Same! I wasn’t sure what to cook, now I have an idea (pea soup) :drooling_face:
Thank you :blush:

3 Likes

Friday, hello you sexy beast!

Lunch was delicious here, the UK speciality of the adored fish finger sandwich. Simple, you might say, but no… It’s a passionate affair: homemade tartare of gherkins, shallots, capers, lemon zest and mayo and salad cream. Toasted sourdough ciabattin loaf and delicious chunky breaded haddock fish fingers. Bloody good. Had it with leftover Som Tam salad (spicy unripe papaya).

Swim and run after work then we will watch The Fablemans movie tonight, paired with Keralan lamb, raita and rice. I do basically work my life around food. I know I do this, but I’m not mad about it.

:wave::muscle::heavy_heart_exclamation:

9 Likes

This sounds like the perfect weekend…can’t wait to see all the lovely books you are able to find.

3 Likes

giphy

Happy Friday everyone!
Going to be a busy weekend painting and cleaning up the yard and hopefully watching some horror movies :grin:.

10 Likes

Yes. All used! I’ll take pictures tomorrow.

2 Likes

At the OTDA day of sharing for my HOPWA grant, with a brief stop at the Health Homes operations meeting to discuss the CES tool.

I basically work in a bowl of alphabet soup.

I promise another day of sobriety to anyone who figures out the acronyms

7 Likes

Lol …love it

OTDA Office of temporary and disability assistance

HOPWA Housing opportunities for people with Aids

CES :person_shrugging:

6 Likes

You win Multiple days of sobriety. And either you work in a similar field as me, or hit up the Google. The CES tool is very specific to Health Homes. I’ll up it to a full week of sobriety for a correct guess :joy:

6 Likes

Have a friend in the field…mind drawing blank with CES …might need google but will give someone else a shot…I’ll still put in the sobriety days tho :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Not sure it would be there. It’s a brand new screening tool in response to budget cuts.

If your friend is in NY it’s entirely possible we’ve crossed paths lol

2 Likes

Ah that makes sense on why I wouldnt have heard of it
He was in NY area but not sure where now such a small world :earth_americas:

3 Likes