Friday Thread #3

:rofl: I thought my work was bad!

5 Likes

There we go, friday is done :star_struck:
The afternoon was nice and busy too. After a wonderful nap :sleeping:
Skipped the office work for mowing.
Fixed a minor thing on the tractor :+1:
Had a looong call with a friend.
Pampered myself with an unhealthy but delicious dinner.
Enjoyed a hot shower very much.
This was a lovely friday the 13th :hugs:

14 Likes

Happy Friday!

My boss is back in the office from a week long business trip, so it’s Dan do this, Dan do that… :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Oh well. But the good news, I got a raise today! So, there’s that.

Stay beautiful gang!

17 Likes

Great news! Can you treat yourself with the first payday?

I am applying for a promotion and planning what to do if I get it :thinking: I am trying to make it relatively cheap in case I need to still do it to commiserate not getting the job :rofl:

8 Likes

Happy Friday all!

Since it is Friday the 13th, I decided to do something really scary… I went grocery shopping and stopped for gas on the way. :laughing: Let me tell you, looking at those receipts almost made me scream in horror. :scream: :laughing:

@JennyH Good luck with the promotion! I hope you get it!
@HoofHearted Congrats on the raise!! That’s awesome!

15 Likes

Haha brilliant! And thank you :blush:

I have really noticed Friday 13th being a thing on here today, not sure I have noticed it apart from the odd mention in the past. Wonder if it is bigger outside of England?

8 Likes

Thanks Alex!

Gonna celebrate with a new guitar! :metal::black_heart:

6 Likes

Maybe it is a bigger thing? :thinking: I wonder if it is because it is heavy in the public awareness because of the movies made in the 80s :laughing: Perhaps it’s just a fun thing to mention in general.

@HoofHearted That is an excellent way to celebrate! I hope you’ll post a picture when you get it!

9 Likes

It is fun! I think Americans are better at creating events out of things. Maybe England will catch on in 20 years :grin:

8 Likes

Happy Friday, friends! My Friday has been severely tainted by a hot tooth. It started hurting last night and I woke up in quite a lot of pain. It’s what I get for ignoring things for too long. I was able to make a dentist appointment for Tuesday morning so I just have to hang on till then. But my husband and I had a good talk and our mouths have been the last major thing on our list to take care of. We both have pretty major work needed. So here we go! It’s become a quality of life issue and needs to be addressed.

Luckily I don’t have a big problem with eating at the moment so I got supplies to morph last night’s stir fry with tofu into some brothy noodley goodness for dinner on this very damp and cold evening. We’re going to watch some spooky movies and hunker down in the warm basement for the night. I might be on the lookout for some clove oil tomorrow, I’ve heard it’s helpful for tooth pain. For now, alternating hot and cold compresses helps a lot.

11 Likes

Friday the 13th in October of all the months is a very big thing! The spooky month with a spooky day :crazy_face: It’s good fun.

4 Likes

Got em!

14 Likes

Yaaa congrats on the raise @HoofHearted

2 Likes

Good luck with your tooth! Mouth pain is awful. :frowning: I hope it will be an easy fix. I’ve heard that salt water can be helpful, but I haven’t tried it myself.

@HoofHearted I love it! What a beautiful instrument!

2 Likes

Thanks friend! :blush:

1 Like

congrats on your raise Dan - what a wonderful way to start the weekend!

yay-congrats

3 Likes

Its Saturday here but I did shop for books.

$109 for all these gems but I rounded up because I believe in the cause. If you need me I’ll be reading.

12 Likes

Omg some real gems in there!!!

2 Likes

I recognize some of those. Books are the best!

2 Likes

10 Likes