Friday Thread #3

Happy sober Friday folks!

What are you doing with your friday?

Here it’s already mid afternoon so I have a lot behind me: Cleaning one window (yes, only one! that’s enough for one day because it’s lot of work), laundry, lunch leftovers for breakfast, drive to the garden center, made cats happy with fresh cat-grass, bringing out a lot of garbage and recycling (booooring), almost skipped my nap for scrolling through the internet :see_no_evil:

I’m awaiting friends over for asparagus dinner and a good chat in an hour so I’ll better tidy up the living room. The fire in the stove is burning, it’s nice & warm inside (outside it’s wet and chill), the ingredients for the menu wait in the kitchen. I’ll take pictures for the food thread :blush:

Have a beautiful sober friday :hugs:

8 Likes

It’s been a lovely cool and misty morning here and I dragged my feet a bit to get busy but I have a long list today. I’m washing rugs and cleaning floors, bathroom, kitchen. The not so fun stuff. If I have time I need to water and fertilize all my plants and transplant one, plus they could all use a good shower to rinse off the winter dust. I am going to make some slaw - always more work than I expect with all the chopping - and we are grilling out tonight. Looking forward to eating! Busy day to start the weekend and before the rains start tonight.

Have a great Friday, people!

10 Likes

Lunchtime here. I’m feeling sick today - bad allergies or a cold. Probably taking the rest of the day off work and napping. Glad it’s almost the weekend and I can rest and recover.

7 Likes

Happy Friday all! I’m snuggled in bed with my kitties before my shift at work. I hope one of these little dudes learns to make coffee soon. I work until 2 am tonight and have the next two days off!
Saturday I reached out to friends (and declined picking up a work shift, yay me!) so we will see if I get to do something social. I bought a cute new shirt I can’t wait to wear so if no one can meet me I might take myself out to dinner. If not there is always spring cleaning.
Sunday will be a hard day. I set up to have flowers delivered to my mother and my mother in law but I probably won’t call my mom. I might set up some sort of mini-healing witchy motherhood ritual for myself. My emotions around motherhood need some work.
Happy weekend sober ones! Happy Mother’s Day to anyone out there mothering, it is the most important vocation. :bouquet: :crown:
For anyone with complex feelings to process around Mother’s Day I’ll save you a seat next to me. :mending_heart::heart:
Lets stay sober out there.

Edited to add a snuggled kitty that is making it hard for me to get up. :point_down:t3:

10 Likes

Yay friday!!!

Lunchtime here. Working from home so making a baked chicken breast and brocolli. Love it!

Got my grocery shopping done early. Spent less than my budget for once!

Work is worky but still productive.

Tonight hubby doesnt have to work so we get some quality time as a family…hubby, me, and Boscoe

Hope to get a workout in…overslept this morning

9 Likes

Welp…it’s 1 pm and I finished deep cleaning the bathroom, almost finished washing rugs and put dishes away. Still need to vacuum/mop and make slaw so no time for plants today. That’s okay, I have tomorrow! Time to walk my poor patient doggy, though.

6 Likes

Did my house chores, watched today’s Giro d’Italia :mountain_biking_man:, took a nap, had an old friend over for a meal and a talk, said hi to the new mods, now just winding down and relaxing with Luna. Pretty good free Friday. Have a great weekend all! :people_hugging: :kissing_heart:

12 Likes

I didn’t plan anything today. I was basically napping the whole afternoon and now it’s 9:30 pm :grimacing::face_with_peeking_eye: I needed that, so that’s okay, there hasn’t been anything important to do today anyway.
Tomorrow the day will start early with a fresh haircut, getting groceries, cleaning and doing laundry.

9 Likes

Just enjoying the last few days of “freedom” before I go back into the working world. Finally landed a job yesterday morning after two months of searching and submitting applications left and right. Looking forward to having some normalcy and another income in our household again.

7 Likes

Congrats on the job!! @WilliamBloke what will ypu be doing?

2 Likes

Shipping and Receiving Clerk/Forklift Operator. It’s for a local company that makes solar silicon chips. Feeling pretty good about it.

7 Likes

I hope they keep ya busy

2 Likes

I’m sure they will. Thanks! :+1:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Nice! Thank you, Jazzy. Much appreciated. :blush:

1 Like

8 Likes

10 Likes

Happy sober Friday folks!

What are you doing today?

Here it’s late afternoon and my plan now is pausing on the couch with one of my favourite series. That’s NICE, especially because Tiglat sleeps next to me looking like a fluffy curled up white bakery roll.

I repotted the bathroom plants today and it looks way better. Jungle in the bathroom. After some household blabla and a short trip to my farm to fetch seeds I had lunch and a hot chocolate and a chocolate roll as tender loving care for myself.

The rest of the day I will be pausing from everything :blush: A nice read around here, maybe read in my actual books, cuddle cats, watch TV, maybe do some little things in the garden - the sun just came out. Or I put out the stitchery. Whatever I will do I will enjoy it and have a nice and peaceful friday :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Spreading joy today :full_moon_with_face: I think it’s full moon, I’m in abit of a good crazy mood.

10 Likes

It’s about noon here. I got up very early, went to the gym, and than started on the yardwork. Now I’m just taking a break sitting on the couch with one of the kids that stayed home from school with a nasty cold, ( that I’m sure I’ll catch). And trying to figure out what I’m gonna make for dinner tonight. I’m all out of ideas.

5 Likes

I feel like poo today, started my period and have to take Lupe to get her nails trimmed (the lady uses a grinder tool) so it’s not a great day for me so far. Lupe will do okay but the last couple times it’s been a struggle. She is saying “I’m too old for this bs!” I have residual headache from yesterday’s migraine. I wonder if we have wildfire smoke in the air honestly because it’s been so hazy the last couple days and we both are congested. Hopefully things will clear up.

6 Likes