Friday Thread #3

Just got back and Lupe did so well! There were some barky dogs today and she never barks but it can stress her out. She was happy for her treat when we got home.

9 Likes

Well, not much excitement here at the Bloke household this morning. Itā€™s very gray and drizzly outside, and Iā€™m drinking my umpteenth cup of coffee. Mostly been on the computer job huntingā€¦been out of work for nearly two months. Went out for a bit to get our bottled water supply for the week. Waiting for the plumber to come over. Ho-hum.

6 Likes

Happy sober Friday!

Iā€™m back home from yoga class. Time for shower, dinner, book & bed. Day out tomorrow with the family and hopefully cinema on Sunday, that is if I can convince my other half that two hours of Vin Diesel is not hell :rofl:

5 Likes

Went to the cinema this afternoon. Has been raining all day, non stop and will do so all weekend.
I have seen ā€˜Quand tu seras grandā€™ a movie about a nursing home. It was moving me, laughing and crying. I love French movies for that.

7 Likes

After eating and being creative all day I think today is the perfect evening for one or two horror movies. Iā€™ll watch ā€œSmileā€ and ā€œNopeā€.

6 Likes

sees a reference to the heavens and crawls out from the abyss to comment :laughing:

Actually its a new moon, but that can also be disruptive in its own way! Sounds like you have the perfect friday planned.

3 Likes

The Canadian wildfires are doing a number on the air quality near me I know that for sure. Hope you feel better soon. I just plugged my sobriety date into a little Calculator out of curiosity, this is my 185th sober Friday. That seems crazy :crazy_face:

10 Likes

Iā€™m halfway through a, yep you guessed it, work shift. Itā€™s official I work too much. Our new schedule came out and I wonā€™t be picking up extra shifts until my supervisor asks. Iā€™m scheduled heavily until the end of June. :clown_face:

After work Iā€™m going to work out, put on a beauty mask, paint my toes and listen to good music. I only work 4 hours on Saturday and I donā€™t know what the rest of the weekend will hold. I only know there will not be alcohol involved. I posted this elsewhere but the whole world should hear this joke. Ready?

How does the moon cut his hair?

Eclipse it. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::new_moon_with_face:

Happy friday to anyone who snorted at that joke. Anyone who didnā€™t please apply a kitty or puppy to that lack of joy STAT!

10 Likes

I thought it was funny :+1:

3 Likes

Well thanks! Me too. :full_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

12 Likes

Whatā€™s everyone up to this fantastic Friday?
Iā€™ll start, Iā€™M NOT WORKING!!!

I just finished two back to back 12 hour shifts and after a little sleep I have the day off. I do work the weekend but lets focus on today. On the docket; donate blood, get a haircut, coffee with a friend, refinish a chair with my sister, and cook an elaborate Indian meal.

All the work is paying off, I set a savings goal for this summer and I am on track to reach it. Iā€™ve also realized that my depression hits me harder in the summer so Iā€™ve set myself a daily goal to do something physical and something social everyday. The social thing can be as tiny as listen to a voicemail or send an email Iā€™ve been putting off. So far it is helping keep me level. Ooof Iā€™m chatty tonight. Stay vigilant my sober friends. Happy Friday! šŸ«¶šŸ¼

9 Likes

Hey girl, hey :wave: sleepless in Iowa over here :point_left:

That sounds like a great day off. And some new self awareness is always beneficial. I like your plans to stay in the present and connected to things outside yourself.

I got my house ready for company tomorrow except a few things and my husband is taking the day off tomorrow and will finish the cleaning while I prep stuff for BBQ when they arrive around 3 pm. Excited to make a fun tortellini salad. Weather looks lovely tomorrow after this big winds we have had have passed. Happy Friday indeed!

7 Likes

Sleepless in Des Moines here but not for long. :yawning_face::drooling_face::sleeping: Good night my Iowa friend. Enjoy your day!

4 Likes

Good night :zzz: Enjoy yours as well!

3 Likes

Sleepless in Tennessee. Got up at 5 since I was just tossing and turning. Need to try to have a productive work day. Then I have a massage scheduled for after. That Iā€™m looking forward to.

6 Likes

I am jealous of your massage! But you need it. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Iā€™m proud of you and the goals you set! Sound achieveable and wise. Iā€™ll borrow from you as I too have more depression issues in summer.

Hussajupeia itā€™s long weekend friday!
I was up at 2 am, the long TV evening totally messed with my sleep. Had breakfast at 4, chores were done by 6 and I had a nice nap after shower. Weird morning :grin:
The insurance appointment turned out good, the rates will decline markedly with the new insrance company. Iā€™m happy.

Lunch was leftovers, the weather is nice, the cats want cuddles and I will nap away in the afternoon enjoying a relaxed time.
Garden work is sheduled for the weekend, Iā€™m so happy with the new herbs Iā€™m going to plant.
I do have a nice and happy ordinary friday with nothing special and all fine :blush:

7 Likes

Yay :raised_hands::grin: Thanks God, I need it :grinning:

3 Likes

Same here! And I will have two full days after my guests leave!

3 Likes