Friday Thread #3

Truth!!!

3 Likes

:laughing: was thinking the same thing

@HoofHearted did you get your coffee fix? :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

4 Likes

My boring part (work) of Friday is complete. Now Iā€™m home after a beautiful walk to relax. Iā€™ve put in too many hours this week and for a split second my brain thought about a drink to unwind. Luckily on my walk home I pass a bar and got to hear two guys out front talking about how they didnā€™t know what is was but one beer always turned into 10.

I know, itā€™s alcoholism, so I wonā€™t have that one.

Instead Iā€™ll relax with a movie. Tomorrow I picked up a half shift and am having friends over to watch movies and eat pizza after.

Iā€™m in a nostalgia mood, in fact I had my first viewing of Smokey and the Bandit this week, so we will don some sweatpants and watch (get excited 80s kidsā€¦) Beaches and/or Steel Magnolias. Maybe Beetlejuice or Heathers if the crying isnā€™t feeling right.

Stay the course troopers. 1=100 is my new math and I respect that equation.

10 Likes

Grateful that you walked past and overheard the guys ā€“ no way - not even 1 drink. Instead you are enjoying a lovely sober evening relaxing after work. Crazy how when we are overworked or stretched thin our minds still go to drinking as a good solution to unwind. :woman_facepalming:

OMG ā€” love your movie selection and you really canā€™t go wrong with whatever you pick. Enjoy movie and pizza time with friends tomorrow

5 Likes

You all need glow sticks and headbands too!

3 Likes

My nephew whoā€™s 3 loves Smokey and the Bandit.
If you happened to know somewhere to buy merch let me know. Itā€™s the only thing he wish for.

2 Likes

I think we are going to do peel off face masks and paint our toenails. And eat popcorn of course. A faux 40 year old slumber party without the slumber.

4 Likes

I saw a few cars online when I just searched for Smokey and the Bandit merchandise but most of it was t-shirts like this.

Probably not appropriate for a little guy.
It was a fun movie to watch, I get why he likes it.

2 Likes

Happy Friday, folks!

Enjoy your awesome sober weekend!:wink:

8 Likes

5 Likes

I was supposed to meet Smoky Bear last weekend, and I didnā€™t. Regretfully.

4 Likes

giphy

4 Likes

Iā€™m awake after sleeping for a few precious hours on this early Friday morning. Will try for more sleep soon, but Iā€™m stoked about today. Iā€™m headed back to work after a hiatus for a mental and physical health break and am ready to roll. My back is working again, though lower back and hip pain is gnawing at me and sitting for long periods is bad news, but got PT exercises and stretches Iā€™m working on which helps. Iā€™m no longer in a mental pit and am functioning! Hooray! Just in time for a beautiful day coming where I plan to pick up some food and garden supplies and get my hands in some dirt in the sunshine. I sure need it. Happy Friday all!

11 Likes

The ā€œOnly you can prevent forest Firesā€ Bear?

5 Likes

Yes! That one!

4 Likes

Omg, I never realized that was a real thing. I thought it was like Tony The Tiger in the frosties commercials. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Holy moly itā€™s Friday!

Today is my 10 year marriage anniversary with my wife, and today is also the 27th anniversary of our first date!

We met online, in a chatroom in 1997. Back then, our ISP only had like 6 chatrooms, we happened to be in the same one at the same time. We lived nearby, within 30 miles. After chatting all night, I asked her out on a date for the following night. We hit it off, I kept asking her out, she kept agreeing and here we are, 27 years later.

Anyhow, I need to sneak out and get her some Seeā€™s chocolates and some flowers. Wish me luck!! Lol

15 Likes

Happy anniversaries!! Good for you for not just remembering but for the loving gesture. And thanks for sharing your story!

6 Likes

Friday be likeā€¦

Am at the seaside till Monday. :heartbeat:

10 Likes