From chains to gains

I have been addicted to drugs since I was 17 I started smoking weed and drinking when I was about 11 or 12 but never thought of it as a problem but when I first tried oxycontin I was hooked. I was working for a good company and bringing in more money then I knew what to do with but moat of my co workers did oxy so it was cheap and I never had to worry about having it I had everything going for myself… My own place, car, and great women but when I made the choice to give up my job that’s when I realized I was addicted I slowly destroyed everything around me I pushed everyone away and stopped caring about responsibility I wanted to spend money on the feel cocaine, oxy, alcohol anything to mask my miserable life. I eventually stopped oxy and got into heroin then it became meth and heroin and uaing needles I allowed myself to become a junky and someone I wasnt proud of I threw everything that ever mattered to me out the window on the way to the trap house and I ended up in different jails in and out for awhile until I had to serve 3 years I just got out 4 months ago and was sober off drugs and alcohol for almost 4 years but I drank when I got out so I thought I should be honest with myself on my sobriety date. Its been a helluva ride being homeless on the streets almost dying 3 times and going to prison to get to the point I am with my sobriety. Now I am rebuilding my life I have my ambition back and I am a present dad to my two girls, I have a full time job, I am doing great on parole its hard out here struggling to not let my thoughts get to me but I know drugs will always be around and they have consumed the last 13 years of my life… This is my first time ever really reaching out to any kind of community I have always been more reserved when it comes to my personal problems but I think this might be a good start… I’m glade to be here!

7 Likes

Glad you’re here too. This healthy thing is tough, but well worth it. Thanks for sharing and stick around please.

It’s good to see you here, Thomas. Welcome to Talking Sober. I’ll steer you to a couple of threads that have lots of info on how to get and stay sober. It’s important to have a clear plan and the help to stick to it, along with the motivation that you obviously have already. Blessings on you as you trudge the sober road. :pray:

and

2 Likes

Day#15 guy here.
Was very noble of you to share this.
Congratulations.
And thank you for inspiring me​:slightly_smiling_face::pray: