Front page only lists a few threads

A number of people seem to be experiencing this problem on the app as well as the site viewed in a web browser.

New threads and threads with new posts seem to get added to the currently short list of threads, so this may not remain a big problem.

Current known workarounds:

• View individual categories like Life In Recovery to find latest posts
  • Search for threads (works for threads you already know about)

If you’re reading this, hang in there! I’m sure @Robin will get to this when he can if it doesn’t resolve before then.

6 Likes

Same? Kind of odd.

Same! Freaked me out when I saw only 3 posts. I read here at night

Signed out then back in. Now I only see 5 , can’t see all of them right now :exploding_head:

The “unread” option is a good one to find a bunch of posts. I guess that would only work if you haven’t read a whole lot. If you’re on your phone, tap the three lines in the upper right corner to get to it

2 Likes

Thanks! I think it only shows threads in that category if you’ve visited them before, but still very useful!

1 Like

I click on a topic and it goes to another list of topics.
Can’t get in the lounge as this happens.

Where is the lounge?

Yep. Same here. Glad it’s a know thing. I’m not crazy.

It shows up if you have Regular user status. You get that by being fairly active and well-read on the forum for a period of time.

1 Like

I read every night and every morning and sometimes on my work breaks? I dont reply back because I dont know what to say yet. I’m irregular I guess🤣

1 Like

The exact requirements differ slightly from what’s stated here, but this is basically how it breaks down: https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/#regular

There’s a thread about this. Sobriety and plenty of fiber may help. :grin:

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:haha . I will be "regularly " checking that thread now.

3 Likes

I was getting this earlier on the app but it seems to be sorted now

1 Like

Yes for me as well!! Yayy

I also saw some statistics yesterday saying we had a lot of people on here, more than usual (as we will as the new year approaches) and perhaps that messed the app a bit…or perhaps Robin was doing some work on it?

Edited to add…mine gets to the bottom of about 20 threads and then shows no more.

1 Like

I was having issues on my mobile app, but now that I am on my work computer everything seems to be running correctly. Perhaps its because I am the King of TS?

2 Likes

Last night before I went to bed only 1 topic would show up but now it seems to be working fine. Thats the first time its happened for me. You’re probably right about them doing work temporarily to prepare for all the New Years resolutions that are to come.

1 Like

I’ll be doing maintenance on the server to clear this up. The forum will go down and will then come back up.

4 Likes