Frustration on the road to sobriety

So I’m now on day 8 of being sober and all has been decent but the last 2 days the cravings are bad. I was told I could be given a shot to help with the cravings. Great right! Wrong…I get to the office and wait 2 hours, they were busy I know and I was fine with that part), but then to find out they didn’t actually have the shot in stock,even though I literally called hours earlier and the lady said they had plenty on hand. Ok again. I know sh*t happens and I was slightly irritated but they said a local pharmacy had it. Cool just gotta wait a bit to get it. Fast forward 15 minutes and even though they said they called my insurance to be sure it would be covered,again verified hours before my appt, my insurance says nope and best we can do in 6 months is pay half…the shot is 1,500 a month even at half $750 a month I can’t fathom paying that with bills and all. Needless to say I’m upset and was hoping for some relief but i guess it’s gotta be the rough road for me. Ugh sorry needed to vent.

4 Likes

That first week or two the cravings can be rough. What’s your DOC?

For all that time, money, and trouble, maybe you just need a place to help you settle down. If nothing else, stay distracted and keep your mind on what matters.

Are there any support groups near you you could attend? Many of those are completely free! Some even offer really bad coffee and cookies on the house. :joy:

1 Like

I go to my first aa meeting tomorrow afternoon. It took 3 days to find any meetings near me. I’m happy to go it’s just been a rough week

3 Likes

Well, hang in there. Already having over a week, a lot of the worst physical stuff should be practically passed. Good on ya! It sure can get in our heads though for a while.

If you feel like trying an AA meeting tonight (and don’t have it already), there’s an app called Meeting Finder that should have all the local listings. Makes it easy to find one anytime, anywhere!

That’s great to know thank you

1 Like

Hey there’s also intherooms.com they have meetings in all programs, 24/7.
My advice to you is don’t rely on some shot to help with cravings but sort your alcoholism out yourself. You grew it, you can understand it and you can live a sober life if you do it right. Engage with yourself, build strong new routines, work on the reasons why you drank, build a new life that doesn’t make you want to check out of it.
Resources for our recovery
Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser

Best of luck!