Gardening In Recovery

Honestly, me too! Lol. I’m SO ready for warm weather. I’ve been staring at my porch for days, longing for it to be warm enough to sit out there and get some sun!

2 Likes

We’ve had a rare February warm spell with a warm front from the Sahara so its been mild for the past week. I’ve been thinking about getting a few things planted on my balcony but decided to wait a few weeks as we usually get snow in March.

My ten year plan involves a house with a good amount of land, saving the pennies .

3 Likes

I’m thinking I’m going to take over my kitchen table soon and start some seeds a little early this year. We can’t plant outside until late may/early June usually but I am ready to have some plant life around me!

2 Likes

Meeeee toooooo!!! :smiley::wink::smiley::wink:

1 Like

Grown veg this year as usual been doing it for over 50 years now ,great get outdoors and work with the soil and the fresh air helps aswell lol

7 Likes

What is the flower in the top pic?

Those roses are melting me…

2 Likes

@Mandih - I want to vacay at your place!

2 Likes

I’ll be here at least another year! You and the fam are more than welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My garden is often my sanity. Love getting my hands in the dirt.

I grew everything in this arrangement except the hypericum. I never have enough roses and lilacs! Right now my daffodils and tulips are giving me hope for spring, although we are still in danger of a hard freeze.

The veggie garden is expanding this summer. Last year it was lots of different tomatoes and peppers, herbs, squash, cucumbers, peas and pumpkins. This year I’m going to add some beans and carrots.

I have lots of blueberries. The blasted groundhogs won’t leave my strawberries alone; I think I harvested three last year. Lol!

8 Likes

I never had any luck with berries. I think it’s the lack of bees where I live. But I’m gonna try again this year. Hopefully I have some luck. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I must add that we’re still buried in snow and can easily expect a last dump or deep freeze well into April. I doubt anything will make it I to the ground until Mother’s Day weekend or May long weekend. That’s kind of a tradition in our parts. That’s when gardens get planted and cottages get opened.

3 Likes

It is a dahlia… Can’t remember what type tho.

2 Likes

I’ve got garden fever. Will it please warm up.

17 Likes

My vincas from last summer… very low maintenance for this busy gal and my go to every year. Love the crisp look of the red and white paired together. Plumbago is also another low maintenance fave of mine.

10 Likes

Bucket Toms…

11 Likes

This has been a cool spring… Nothing has really started not even the forsythia.

8 Likes

Im waiting for that yellow burst too. My little garden is still covered with snow but its melting fast as the temperature is finally rising :slight_smile:

3 Likes

3rd pineapple to grow from the 1 plant!!

14 Likes

Ahhhhhh, forsythias are always the first thing bloom. I love seeing the yellow while everything else is thinking about popping.

2 Likes

Minus degrees during nights and my martagons got frostbitten (edit: not martagons but pachysandra and it survived) :confused: snowdrops are hanging their heads. Last night i had a dream there are yellow buds in forsythia.

1 Like