Gardening In Recovery

I’m looking forward to putting my hands back into the dirt this spring/summer. Will be the first time in a decade. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to reconnecting with the planet!

Great topic BTW!!!

3 Likes

5 Likes

@DowntroddenGoat Foresythias are always the first to bloom. Usually in February in my neck of the woods. Spring has sprung where you are. :sunflower:

Are those daffodils in the second photo?

3 Likes

Today. At last

7 Likes

Well, I started cleaning out my vegetable garden. My husband bought me really crappy dirt for them so I’ve been fighting weeds like crazy the last couple of years. This year I’m going to try and smother them. I’ve got them covered in flattened boxes. It will hopefully keep out air and light to kill the weeds and maybe make some compost for the bin too. Fingers crossed. I’ve still got a good month before anything can be planted. It’s been a cold cold start to spring.

4 Likes

I should wait until May 15, but I just can’t. Tilling tomorrow and hoping to plant on Friday!

4 Likes

Our Foresythias have gone over already. 2 maybe 3 weeks of the glorious yellow.

2 Likes

My star (confederate) jasmine is in full bloom and smells amazing!

9 Likes

7 Likes

Ooh jasmines smell heavenly! :green_heart:

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

10 Likes

Eeek!!! I went outside on my porch for a bit tonight and looked up to see some buds on the trees! Yayyyy!!!

8 Likes

Its about same situation here :slight_smile: Maine & Finland, sober twins?

3 Likes

I love ferns :heart_eyes:!!! Babyferns especially :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Me too, all kinds of ferns :heart_eyes: i let them grow wildly where ever they want in my tiny garden.

2 Likes

Former babyferns from my garden captured forever!

4 Likes

My last years Hollyhocks…I’m addicted to Hollyhocks and a Hollyhockguerilla :-). I’ve spread 120 hollyhockseedballs. Hopefully in about 1,5 years there will be a Hollyhocktsunami in my town ;-)!! I’ll keep you posted!

9 Likes

Front yard and my little cottage garden today. Who knows what these little cuties below are?

12 Likes

Is the bottom one rhubarb?

3 Likes

And the winner is Geoff! Tough competition.

1 Like