Gardening In Recovery

Finally had the thought to weigh what i am picking

32 lbs of cherry tomatoes picked today

50 lbs of roma, san marzona, beef steak freezer

13 Likes

I didn’t know how to prune my redcurrant bush, so I just left them for a couple of years. Last year I gave away over 9kg of redcurrants after I had a full drawer in the freezer and no more room.
Last winter I chopped around as I saw fit, to try and limit the yield… I only gave away 6kg, and left the rest for the wood pigeons :rofl:
:squid:

6 Likes

Moving fence so i can get more room in back when i half it off ,cherry tree stump and large stone left there when the train station was demolished and our house built

6 Likes

My son had to give me hand with stone going to make it a

feature

11 Likes

That’s one big stone you have there. If you get some more, you could build your own mini stonehenge garden feature :rofl:

4 Likes

I think this tiny little guy wants to be a cantaloupe.

9 Likes

That looks beaitiful

1 Like

First pumpkin ready to harvest…this is the small one

11 Likes

i love it! so happy to see a pumpkin :jack_o_lantern: – now i just need the fall like weather :wink:

2 Likes

I have never grown pumpkins…OMG! they are enormous. Looks like I will be canning an enormous amount of pumpkin

7 Likes

Beautiful!!!

1 Like

oh so beautiful! love the vibrant colors :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

WOW - that’s gonna keep you super busy for sure. Better start looking up some great pumpkin based recipes :wink:

for your first time you did a great job!

3 Likes

Ms. Monkey’s daughter has an amazing cake…i will supply all the pumpkin she wants

4 Likes

Start on back using front area i fenced off to put in new beds and now clearing large raised beds and will be putting up 6 ft fence hopefully will mak

e a new sitting area

9 Likes

OOOH now that will make her day and of course your tummies happy :yum:
I do love everything pumpkin and im excited for you and your pumpkin harvest!

1 Like

I cant wait to weigh a couple of them

3 Likes

Lol…yeah im looking forward to seeing the pumpkin weigh ins… that small one in your pic was still bigger than your foot.

Man- ive been craving pumpkin pie all day :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I miss my garden so do appreciate living virtually through yours. Mine never had anything exciting - this is much more fun!

4 Likes

This is a coleus i grew from seed last year and its come back

15 Likes

She is a beauty!

2 Likes