Gardening In Recovery

I love watching things grow. The pumpkin on the right was the size of the one on the left last night. The one on the left was about the size of two golf balls

14 Likes

I did, @SassyRocks! This is the final harvest, just before I cut them back. Very sweet and with full flavour.

Will try and repeat the experiment next year. I’ve loved this time of nurturing, growth and harvest.

16 Likes

I love how one of y’all’s motivation in this is to give stuff to others.

4 Likes

Ms. Monkey and I decided to give as much as we could. This world is so dang crazy…our way of trying to help it.

8 Likes

Thank you both for making it a better place.

5 Likes

They look yummy!!

@Thirdmonkey, I love your kindness. Like a Little Free Library, but a Big Free Garden. :heart::people_hugging::heart::tomato:

4 Likes

I have been waiting for these to turn! They are scrumptious! Yellow pear tomatoes!

18 Likes

Amazing! What variety are these?

1 Like

Hungarian Wax hot peppers. Thanks :blush:

Never seen before! How cute they are!! :yellow_heart:

1 Like

And so tasty!!

1 Like

Cherry tomatoes anyone? My daily routine: fill this bowl, cut in half, dehydrate, what wont fit in the dehydrator i eat or freeze.

16 Likes

Going to downsize my veg plots and fence off area make a bigger sitting area , we plan to travel a lot for the next few years i no again ,so it will be easily kept and maintained ill post pics as i go along prob around October were getting a log burner fitted so will wait till chimney and works done on back outside wall .KEEP on Gardening

8 Likes

Swing through Michigan, i got all your gardening needs…just pulled my beets

13 Likes

I’m so impressed with your yields! It feels like you just planted a few months ago and you are crushing it. Can’t beet :face_with_hand_over_mouth: those yields. Grow you! :joy:

8 Likes

We feel lucky and blessed. Looking back planting 6,000 square feet was a huge task, as neither of us had attempted anything this large. The reasons we should have failed are numerous. We learned a lot and we both ate excited for next year! (As soon as we get done with this year)

6 Likes

deck (2)
deck
deck3
got that deck stained

10 Likes

I had to have patience, but the red currant bush finally bears fruit! I take that as a metaphor for sobriety.

11 Likes

Those look great! I am so jealous!

1 Like

A little blurry since they are taken through the plastic of the enclosure. I am hoping they come back to lay eggs for the next generation. I’ve released about 8 so far.

15 Likes