Gardening In Recovery

LOL – i know cactus are so fucking funny —its really a guessing game and each plant has different needs. I myself just got into cacti and am trying to figure each one out. One of mine doesn’t like too much light but needs some indirect light (took me forever to find the best location where it would thrive :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Prissy little Divas :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

About the last harvest…all we got left out there: pumpkins, a few squash, tomatillos, and tomatoes when we need some to eat. Disappointed in the potatoes…should have yielded 200 to 500 pounds. Looks like roughly 10 lbs.

However, over all very successful and a lot of people have food

15 Likes

Jazzy… It was thirsty… It’s starting to look better. So one of the :cactus: ailments was correct!!

5 Likes

If you pop that in the post I’ll do a really good lantern! :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

Ok I’ve just learned how to do a quote!

2 Likes

Oh yeah – that is awesome news – so glad that your cacti is now nourished and will stand tall

1 Like

Now now, don’t get overexcited.

It still looks, well, poorly.

1 Like

:laughing: alright – it does take time but i will hold back the party for now :wink:

2 Likes

Now that’s a pumpkin! :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

I will be canning alot of pumkin

3 Likes

I have to ask: what’s the difference between squash and pumpkin? in german the translation for both is “Kürbis” :blush:

1 Like

Pumpkin is a type of squash. In the squash family i grew: zucchini, summer, butternut, spaghetti, and pumpkin

Pumpkin would be our “dessert” squash as you mainly see it used for breads and pies

3 Likes

Google tells me this is chard in English. We call it acelga. I’m growing two, one in each window box, and hope they’ll do well in our mild autumn.

5 Likes

Pond idea for you yard @TMAC

7 Likes

BRILLIAN! I love it :heart:

1 Like

I’ve treated my three Nerve plants to some living moss. These babies are about three years old now and I love them, how bright the pink is on one, and magenta on the other. The third is just standard green and white.

9 Likes

IMG_5891
IMG_5892
IMG_5893
IMG_5894
IMG_5895
New projected took out two conifers at front , might do a rockery havnt decided yet .spring bulbs going in now daffs ,crocus , leave tulips till nov .

IMG_5888
IMG_5889
IMG_5890

7 Likes

I’m preparing for the next season, the 2 days workshop on seed growing for vegetables were so interesting. It was part 1 of 4, the other 3x2 days will be next year. I attended the seminar several years ago and treated myself with it this year again to refresh knowledge and visit interesting farms in the region. I love it!!!
And of course a new habitant moved in: Some Plectranthus plant, couldn’t identify the correct name, here it’s called Astralisches Zitronenblatt.
It will move to the garden during summer :blush: Smells wonderful lemonlike.

13 Likes

Sooo i have a black thumb but im trying to grow herbs in a hydroponic setup. Im nervous. Only 4 of 12 seeds sprouted.

Im trying to grow mint,sage,basil,thyme, rosemary, and cilantro. Only the basil and thyme sprouted so far. Day 5

13 Likes