Gardening In Recovery

Now I have to ask: What is a catio?

4 Likes

Thank you. I thought maybe it was a typo? :smile: :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I think it’s like an outdoor cat house.

3 Likes

So the cat does not run away?
I only know farm animals. I have no idea about pets.

2 Likes

Ah, like patio only catio - got it! cute.

3 Likes

Kind off,but for what I know it’s more for windows or balcony.

On the countryside you can most often let your cat roam around outside. In the city that’s more difficult. Not sure how it works or if it’s for indoor cats too.

I’ve never had one. And I’m not 100% that I’m right. Something can be lost in translation here as well.

3 Likes

Catio :slightly_smiling_face:

This one is on Amazon. Too expensive so I am attempting to build one :slightly_smiling_face::cat2::slightly_smiling_face::cat2:

Where I live many cats are going missing and people are taking them thinking they are strays. Also they are being hurt by some people. So I am hoping they will be happy to still get outside safely.

9 Likes

Chives and mint growing in pots left out over winter. I didn’t do a single thing. Amazing! Mint will be transplanted into a larger pot but no mint in the ground or raised beds EVER. Too invasive!

14 Likes

Dear fellow gardeners and catio builders :blush:
Especially tagging @acromouse and @M-be-free49 for the last picture :grin:

I proudly present this year’s seedlings. They must stay indoor these days as a cold front with about/below zero at night crosses the region.
Cucumbers, squash, melons, corn and beans will follow, currently too cold.

Yacon

Chayote

Kale variations and clary sage, 1 single fennel

More fennel

Tomatoes, Chillis and Physalis

and …

I proudly present my new chainsaw. NO comments that it is battery-operated! I don’t fumble with petrol-driven machines anymore when I use them 3 times a year :+1::muscle:

I call her “Barbie” I guess. Other name suggestions welcome!

Thanks to youtube for helpful assembly videos :grin:

10 Likes

Been there done that. But my lawn smell amazing when we move the lawn now :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I have several spots with lemon balm wandering around the farm. Smells wonderful when mowed :blush:

2 Likes

Both lemon Balm and mint is supposed to repel mosquitoes too.
We live next to a river so I’m not sure my mint is working. Maybe I should get some lemon balm too :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for showing her off. Reading the manufacturer’s brand name I imediately thought of the Norse goddess of the underworld Hel, especially as she is responsible for welcoming the souls who die due to accidents. If this is to dark then please ignore me. It’s just where my mind took me: to the underworld :wink:

3 Likes

Beautiful name, never heard of this goddess. I’m gonna read a bit about!
Never anything too dark :+1:

1 Like

Our mosquitos ignore both so maybe better use a mosquito net outdoor :joy:

2 Likes

Just back from Spain Getting back into my Garden Back and Front .
IMG_7303
IMG_7304
IMG_7305
IMG_7307
IMG_7306
IMG_7308
IMG_7309
IMG_7310 (1)
IMG_7311
IMG_7312
IMG_7313
IMG_7314
IMG_7315
IMG_7316
IMG_7318
IMG_7319
Doing alot more propergating this year and stratifaction aswell). looking forward to summer

10 Likes

This year I built a small pallet garden and fenced it in. My perennials are waking up and I’m happy :grin:. It will probably get overwhelmed and I might have to build another or maybe a third. Who knows? All I know is that I’m tired of feeding the deer.

Fuck them deer!

9 Likes

i love it Curtis - smart thinking! look forward to seeing your produce …

2 Likes

Awwww, that looks gorgeous Ray! Looking forward to pictures along the season :star_struck::+1:

1 Like

Oh fuck deer, I have this problem too. Have to fence everything.

2 Likes