Getting over an ex #3 the grand finale

From my experience, sometimes saying how you feel can make things better, like a little bit of a weight lifted. But sometimes it makes me feel more vulnerable and exposed. And if you’re not in a good place currently (unstable due to early sobriety and the breakup) it might be better to avoid that possible outcome. Protect yourself for now and later if the opportunity presents itself, you could let your feelings be known.

Time and space always help to get a better perspective on feelings. You might feel completely different in a couple days, just wait it out and see how you’re feeling then.

3 Likes

Thanks @Lionfish you’re absolutely right. I just got out of my first session with a trauma counselor and he told me to not contact her no matter what because it’s only going to cause me pain and I don’t have enough clean/sober time to be able to take anymore. So thank you, you’re right on the money!!!:sunglasses:

happy to hear you have some professional help… Now I just need follow my own advice :thinking: lol

Good luck to you, everything is as it should be, even if it sucks and it’s hard, we’re all on the path that is meant to be.

1 Like

You’re better than me. I would have found a date and went to the concert myself.

So she just emailed me and said thank you and that she appreciated it. I feel like I’m going to throw up my nerves are so shot right now :persevere: I told her she’s very welcome. It’s taking everything in me to not tell her how much I love and miss her right now. Fuck… this is the hardest thing to go through right now prayers please this sucks :pray::disappointed_relieved::broken_heart:

3 Likes

Man, I know what you’re going through Rob. It just sucks that your heart is breaking and it’s so raw still, any correspondence is like a punch to the gut.
Can you call the therapist you saw today?
I know when I went through it I cried so much but I knew it wasn’t meant to be.
I said a healing prayer for you. :heart:

1 Like

Thanks @anon79808082 for the prayers I need all I can get for sure. I will be able to talk to him in the morning I believe so hopefully he can help me. I appreciate you and everyone that’s been here for me through this it really does mean so much to not be going through this alone thank you so much :pray:

1 Like

Wow thank you @BobIsGone you just made my day thank you so much. Have an amazing day!

2 Likes