Getting to know you

I can tell!! Well there’s plenty of it round here. And one of our local bands just decided to play live again after 15 years of absence.

2 Likes

Old Skool (I quit playing but I was, my last 10 years on the bball playground)
Bloody 58 y/o
Used to be dark blue, now not sure what colour is my favourite
This one’s on my mind today

The Cure - Killing an Arab

It’s a beautiful evening in Amsterdam. Have a good one all wherever you are :heart:

9 Likes

Yes! Jesus is the best! And blue is a running theme on this thread! Congrats on your 115 days jb!

1 Like

Old skool. Oh you got skills on the court. My brother plays all the time when he’s not working. It’s a fun sport. I could never learn how to dribble. lol but I always enjoyed watching a game.
My favorite color has changed multiple times throughout the years. You’ll find another one I’m sure.

Hi Erin. Did you ever see that key and peele skit about names in the classroom. I know yours isn’t Aaron. But you just reminded me of that skit. I like names that are both masculine and feminine. :grinning:
That train song is so great. I have t heard it in years. Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

Hey TMac, it’s afternoon now in Cali on the central coast. I’ve even to and through Arizona a handful of times. The heat boi!! Oooohhheeeee! I’ve got family in Albuquerque. Have a great afternoon.

1 Like

I have seen that skit, I love it!

1 Like

I love it too. So hilarious!

Hello…No nicknames lol I do go by Ken sometimes & I am a Jr. So most family call me Lil’ Kenny or Kenny Jr.

I am 30 y/o

My Favorite color right now is Royal Blue but really falling in love with “All Black”

My Favorite song right now is “GOD DID” x Dj Khalid ft. Rick Ross, Lil’ Wayne, Jay-Z, John Legend & Fridayy

It is Evening here, current time is 18:33 in Louisiana.

7 Likes

Jr is a classic nickname. So it counts. :blush: “god did” I’ll have to check it out. For some reason that reminded me of a great artist named pastor Mike jr. he has some pure slaaaaps. Check him out if ya feel like it. One of my favorites by him is “winning” and also “big” it’s religious music but it’s relevant and fresh.

Two songs for you to look up they are religious and others groups have mixed them etc but original from Michael W Smith……1. Mighty to Save, 2. Awesome God see if you like those

1 Like

My guy! Those are classic mds songs. I listened to those in childhood, before my faith was truly authentic and not just blind obedience. Thanks for the suggestion. I’m gonna go check them out tonight. It’s been yeeeeaaaaaars since I’ve heard them.

2 Likes

Shel is my nickname - im really a Michele
Im 49
Favorite color is purple, pink is a close second
Can’t pick a favorite song, i love so many. Favorite band is Halestorm
Live in central Pa - it’s past my bedtime

6 Likes

Hi shell, yea there are too many good songs to pick from. I have an all time favorite and then ones that change frequently. :blush: have a good sleep.

@NickiMarz @ErinLeigh that dual name thing… I’ll be 44 on Christmas this year, my mom wanted a girl so bad, they only had girl names picked out for me. Surprise I’m not a girl… they choose Levi but kept the “girl”name for me too… Levi Erin Ryan… thanks mom and dad. 3 first names at offices I always have to listen for any of my names or Levi read wrong like… Levy, Eli I’ve even had someone call “Evil!”. Oh well… first world problems

4 Likes

Here comes my CV;

Nickname on here; Jesile, real name Jenny
Favourite colour: fuchsia
Nationality: German
Favorite song: there are many but right now I have “Best days” from Lissie on replay
Currently: good night (9:00 pm over here!)

5 Likes

Oh boy, “evil” that just plain lazy. Erin isn’t hard on a grand scheme of names. Silly people.
I like that your mom stuck with those names. My mom’s last name is Manzanilla and absolutely no one gets it right. It is a tough one but boy maybe more folks are dyslexic than know it these days. Lol
Birthday on Christmas! Oh boy. That’s exciting but probably wasn’t to fun when you were younger. The yak Christmas + birthday all in one.

I’m a little jaded about the Christmas birthdays… I’ll be out of the country for this birthday. (Maybe a little more than jaded) Names can be tough and I’m apt to make the same mistakes with names too.

1 Like

Jesile, I like that. Fuchsia is a lovely color. I would love to visit Germany one day. Maybe I’ll get there. Hopefully. But being a wife and mother of two children it might not be for a long while. Hope you’re doing well.
Much love

1 Like

I too make mistakes but I do try my hardest to make the person with a unique name feel important by trying and asking them personally how to pronounce it. Jaded is what I would expect. My birthday is the day before Halloween. Not being a “gift” holiday I guess im lucky. I’m a twin and we were born on our great grandmothers birthday and my mother’s birthday is only 2 weeks after. Funny how time works. Hopefully your “out of town” is a vacation to enjoy.