~staying hydrated
~waking you fresh
~more present with my loved ones
~increased motivation and inspiration
~appreciation of life, nature, and all the little things in between
~more time to do the things I love bc I’m not so tired
~less irritabilty, anxiety, stress, and depression
~more in touch with my emotions, body, and experience of the senses
~better sleep and dream recollection (after initial difficultly sleeping while getting used to not drinking)
~more clear headed

17 Likes

Not feeling ashamed emptying my recycling in the morning and all the glass clashes together letting all the neighbors hear how many bottles I have.

19 Likes

@anon86726034 you have the wonderful gift of making the sinister sound hilarious! I always enjoy your posts terrifically!

I also had the reputation of never remembering the ends of movies, lol more often than not I wouldnt even remember having watched a movie at all 🤦
Not wondering whether I’m too drunk to cycle my bike. I was a pretty steady cyclist even very drunk but there were times I was swerving across the entire double lane street. Horrible. I’m lucky I’m alive, no exaggeration.
Better relationships with people. Things becoming meaningful again.
Feeling myself to be reliable.

10 Likes

Same. I think he murdered the step father though :thinking: Funny enough I think I had to read that on wiki as I also couldn’t remember. Just remembering I had a huge crush on the Irish guy with the face scar :flushed:

7 Likes

Oh my goodness, yes!!! Good one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like this one!:point_up::grin:

2 Likes

Being able to be there for friends and family at need me, in a healthy way.

7 Likes

No shame and hiding

11 Likes

Not wondering if there is something I need to apologize for…

12 Likes

This was me! Sneaking the recycling out of my room at 3am to put in front of the neighbours house the next street over🙄

10 Likes

A clear head is the thing I love the most about being clean. No more drug fueled choices. I do still struggle with ego driven choices but hey, I’m working on being a more selfless person. One day at a time.

12 Likes

I think waking up clear headed for me is my number 1 favorite thing that will keep me going.

10 Likes

I completely agree. I had times where I would be clean for a few months at a time and I absolutely loved the feeling of being clear headed. It was something I simply couldn’t forget, each time I would relapse, all I could think about was how great it was having a clear mind and that in itself made getting clean this time that much easier. There were other circumstances that propelled my recovery but that one is such a pivotal part of staying clean.

6 Likes

Sometimes I write in a notebook about the day and that’s always forefront on each page, lol

2 Likes

Interesting, I have been journaling everyday for a month and a half and I don’t think I have ever actually written my appreciation for it. Shame on me, do you do daily gratitude lists?

No I haven’t. I have to do more to stay focused. I do know how lucky I am to be where I am living. I have a good job with great people, I don’t take either one for granted.

That’s a good outlook, good for you. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

You as well, Kyle!:blush:

1 Like

I love this.

My list today is…

Waking up and feeling well without having to plan some kind of hustle.
Being able to get a decent night of sleep.
NOT being in a drug induced psychosis.
Rebuilding the friendships I’ve destroyed.

Being able to have a solid poop each day. :pleading_face:

8 Likes