Glad to break bad habits

I was on a long train ride on Friday. It was busy, after a long week. I got chatting to a fun group of ladies and they ordered wine from the mini bar. They made it sound so good that I was almost tempted and would have loved to have joined them. After a while chatting I got back to my book. What started out as a nice chat resulted in them drinking so much they had complaints from the train guard and one couldn’t stand up. I am obviously not judging them - that would have been me a few months ago! But it showed me that what seemed like a nice glass of wine on a train (something I never managed as I always took it too far) has its consequences. It has certainly made it less appealing to me and reminded me of what I end up being like when I drink on a train! (I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve visited my mum after those long train rides drinking nasty expensive wine from the train which I couldn’t afford then pretending to be sober). Anyway, that nice glass of wine might seem glam and fun but let’s face it, it never ever is! I felt much better turning up at my destination feeling fresh and happy, drinking hot chocolate before bed and actually getting a decent sleep

17 Likes

Yes so true! I definitely will have been worse on many occasions! Thank you, and amazing on your 115 days - that’s so impressive! I’m on six weeks tomorrow, I can’t imagine ever going back

1 Like

That’s awesome; I get alot out of hearing stories like this. Ty!

2 Likes

I am so very happy for you Joy!!

1 Like

This is so true!! What a great example of how the idea of drinking is one thing…the reality is another.

5 Likes

I need to keep reminding myself of that… the thought of a few glam cocktails always ends up being a blackout, a day lost in bed with anxiety, and a few lost items (at best!)

2 Likes

Awesome story. Yesterday I found myself in the beer aisle staring at the various options, playing out scenarios in my head. In the end I just walked away from it and was immediately glad I did. No hangover, guilt, regret… I rented an extra redbox movie instead. Glad I did because somebody had frauded the first disc I rented. Its empowering to face a temptation and not be overwhelmed. But its even nicer to get those little cues from the universe that the choice you made was right.

3 Likes

I absolutely love that story, what a great way to describe it <3 it’s like a little pat on the back isn’t it!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile: These are perfect reminders of the reality of drinking.

Loved the way @SassyRocks put it

3 Likes