Goodbye Jack

It gets tougher before it gets better. But it will get better! Stay strong! Sobriety and all its blessings are waiting for you.

2 Likes

I am 1 week sober today, and your story is like mine. I drink for the buzz so of course i just cant have one. But i am enjoying non hangover mornings! What a blessing right !

6 Likes

This app is pretty sweet, Be well on your journey.

3 Likes

This!! And that feeling of release with the first few gulps. Notice I didnt say sips.

@88royale Welcome!!! You are in the right place. This community provides amazing information and support.

NOTE: Should have added those initial gulps soon betray and everything goes wrong after that!

5 Likes

Glad to hear this and yes it takes time but it does get easier! Just remember that we are all on the same or similar journey - so reach out when it gets rough. This community is an awesome support system.

Same goes for you too @sandiga - welcome to the community and congrats on your 1 week of sobriety

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean. There’s no sips here either. I might prefer champagne, but in reality it’s not in a fancy way. I just chug it down.

4 Likes

Welcome and congratulations on taking the first step. Keep checking in here. It’s a great community and everyone here private lot if support, advice and compassion.

1 Like

That’s one of the MANY reasons I don’t drink anymore. Never was a normal drinker, never will be.

6 Likes

Awesome replies , appreciate you all. Still hanging in there one week in. Defenitely seem to have more free time to do things as im not focused on making time to drink.

5 Likes

One week is excellent!! Be vigilant. D@mn cravings can creep up on you. Be ready. Have a plan. Staying busy is a great part of that plan.

2 Likes

Welcome my friend! Reading your post, I am assuming we are about the same age, and what you described is exactly the same as what I was going through.

I want you to know that you are not alone, and that there are people that are going through or have gone through what you described.

I’ve been sober for 2 months 28 days now, and the feeling could not be better. The first few weeks were the toughest for me, but the feeling of actually enjoying your nights and weekends without them just being a blur is a wonderful thing. After a few weeks, you will start to see the differences, such as more energy, stability in your mental state, and more.

I wish you all the best, and keep it up! Things get better and better!

God bless!

5 Likes

Bye-bye alcohol bye-bye Jack! Congratulations too for making the decision to stop! Keep an update going on how you’re doing, and the rest of you too !

3 Likes

Great job with your 1 week of sobriety. Yup - so great to have so much time on our hands and hangover free days / mornings.
For me I find it’s best to keep yourself busy during this free time so that you don’t allow any time for the urges to voice their lies.
Thank you for the updates - glad to see you doing so well :muscle:

1 Like

Y’all tried that fresh Monday or Tuesday morning thing? Dam it’s nice, having money in your pocket. Clear conscience, not in trouble with the family? Yeah sober Saturdays are cool but having a Friday mood on a Monday is next level!

3 Likes

@88royale So well done on you for reaching out! I am about to post my first post on this forum as it seems to be busy and responsive. I am sober 3 weeks and 1 day lol - like you, after many years and thinking I could limit myself.

Keep up the great work, stay strong and I send lots of encouragement your way!!

Welcome to the community Susy and a great job on your sober time! Keep up the great work :muscle::clap::clap:

1 Like

@JazzyS Thank you so much! You have already helped and I have been on here like 5 minutes lol!!!

1 Like

I would recommend poating on the Checking in daily to maintain focus #57
And on Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4
Threads…they have helped me immensely.

Hope to see you around :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, will do. Still trying to navigate my way around haha

It did take time for me to figure out site as well. Take it slow and ask if you have questions.

The more active you are here- thecmore privileges you receive and also the better for your sobriety

1 Like