Gratitude thread

Something I’ve heard along the lines is that when an addict/alchoholics becomes ungrateful they are at risk of relapse…
I understand that people may not want to divulge what is going on in their life but here’s a good thread to check in with and write a little gratitude statement!

I’ll go first

8 Likes

What am I grateful for today?
Today I am grateful that some of my family are trying to show back up in my life,for a long time I felt alone because no one wanted me around and I was an I welcomed guest to everyone…my brother and sister are going to come into town when I pick up my year on the 29th this month…the last time I saw my brother was during last summer when I made an amends to him and I haven’t seen my sister for almost three years or so let alone talk to her!Reconciliation is only part of what we get back when we put in work and it obviously takes time…thank God for this way of life!

12 Likes

Thanks @Don_Cocan.

• My wife, children, and in-laws.
  • My mother and sister, who both passed now, but were amazing people in my life.
  • My health, and getting a another opportunity to improve it
  • For a second, third, and fourth chance to be sober!
  • If we are only born once, then for winning the lottery by being born in this place and in this time.
  • For this forum and all the support communities out there
6 Likes

I am grateful for~ waking up clean and sober today. To hear my children’s laughter. Roof over our heads and food in the kitchen. Nature. How glorious my higher power is. My husband has been so amazing and so understanding of everything I’m going through lately. I don’t know where I would be without him right now. This list could go on and on!! But I’ll leave it at that for now💜

7 Likes

Today, I am grateful…
*For God :cross:
*For my sobriety :peace:
*For my loved ones :revolving_hearts:
*For my sober sisters :wink:
*For this forum and other recovery resources :books:
*For my new home :house_with_garden:
*For my newly planted flower garden :sunflower:
*For my art and meditation room :art: :pray:
*For my business/career :oncoming_automobile:
*For synchronicity, signs in nature, empath gifts :hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :gem: :new_moon_with_face:
*For the opportunities to help others, giving back; instead of taking :gift:
*For having a relationship with myself :footprints:
*For seeing beauty instead of hopelessness :sunny:

15 Likes

@Melrm is also grateful for emojis. Lol! :grin:

4 Likes

I am!!! :grin::wink::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m taking one day at a time, in bed right now thinking about my day. I’m grateful for doing what I love- working with vulnerable people, it comes with its challenges but i love my job.

2 Likes

I am grateful for…

My children
My grand baby
My partner
My family
My friends
For every day I wake up sober

2 Likes

I’m grateful that I have made it to now and still have my family and my home and we all have our health …it could have all ended up so different

3 Likes

bump

Sorry this thread is old, but I was trying to find a “grateful” thread.

Just wanted to say how grateful I am for my first AA meeting today since May. Going back was hard. Felt like a puppy with my tail between my legs, lol.

I am so grateful for my sober sisters, and I can’t wait to work on a new batch of little gifts! Oh, distractions from my cravings, how I welcome you! Lol

So grateful for @melrm and @Leelee77, yes I’m calling you out! These ladies have been so selfless and loyal and all kinds of bad assery that I can only hope rubs off on me.

Grateful for sleep, you elusive asshole you.

Grateful to be back and DONE with the couple of summer vacations we had planned. They really do nothing for my sobriety. Haha

And lastly (for today) grateful for this forum. :smile:

4 Likes

I am so proud of you!! You inspire me to get my ass where I need it to be. Thank you for being there for me on this rocky road of recovery. One of the few. I’m so f’n grateful.
Good job showing up to the meeting even though it was nerve wrecking! You did it!
I love you!!

2 Likes

I am grateful that my youngest daughter just passed the 7 year post chemo treatment mark. Sometimes when I’m feeling a little tempted…I think…if her little soul fought that hard to stay with us…there’s not a chance in hell that I’m not going to fight this with everything in me! Family comes first…above everything❤

7 Likes

I’m grateful for…
Much needed rest today
A clean and relaxing home
Great friendships
People I’ve met because of sobriety
Adversity to strengthen me
God guiding me

3 Likes

Today I’m grateful for
:heart: new step work
:heart: my sense of humor when the ghetto/crays come out
:heart: concerned sisters
:heart: no cravings
:heart: finding people on here with my same sense of humor :smile:
:heart: work at home days, love Fridays!
:heart: laughter!

5 Likes

Today, I’m grateful for…
♧ In-N-Out fries
♧ Lemonade while it’s 105 outside
♧ Sarcasm and shenanigans
♧ wearing flip-flops to work
♧ Amazon book delivery
♧ Smart-ass friends that make me laugh
♧ looking forward to nap time or a giant coffee

5 Likes

Did you get your In-N-Out fries animal style?

No…I don’t care for that “secret sauce”. The fries are awesome without it.

Grateful to be alive today.

2 Likes

We can’t be friends anymore :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: