My brave and loving husband
Cats to lounge around with
Lunch with my dear friend
The ocean breeze coming in through my living room
The encouragement I find in others on this forum to keep going💚

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m grateful for In-N-Out animal style fries.

2 Likes

Lol, I don’t know what you’re talking about. :wink: :laughing:

1 Like

1 Like

Haha cheers.

1 Like

Today I’m grateful for:
:green_heart: waking up sober - I did wake up at 4am but went RIGHT back to sleep, something that was nigh impossible when drinking.
:green_heart: being able to play with my niece last night with a clear head, I took care of her!
:green_heart: cold pizza for breakfast :pizza:
:green_heart: our swimming pool, it’s been in the 100’s all week! :frowning_face:

1 Like

Today I’m grateful
For a great night of sleep!
Mostly, I’m grateful to have my husband home today after working a 48hr shift even though he’s sleeping! :joy: Back on the fire truck for him tomorrow.

1 Like

I’m grateful for the 12 years my dog chose to live with me and my family.RIP old man. :broken_heart:
I’m grateful to just have to walk across the street from my house to get to the beach. Some days it’s hard to get myself out of the house to even do that.
I’m grateful for the dolphins I got to see jumping around the waves this morning.
I’m eternally grateful for my sober sisters.

3 Likes

Today I’m grateful for…
Sisters that make me laugh
Fresh bread from Subway
A bad ass bed for good night’s sleep
Air conditioning
My mother’s homemade lime-aid
My weird s3nse of humor to get through tough times

3 Likes

Today, lets see…
:star: Happiness creeping back in
:star: Work day is almost over
:star: Being able to keep my cool and not get angry (just left a meeting where client was hysterically crying and blaming me for her baby getting taken away) Hmmm :thinking:
:star: my other love, Starbucks
:star: being able to vent to certain people on here. I hope they never tire of my sarcasm, lol :smile:

2 Likes

I’m starting my own gratitude journal but this is also a good place to start.
I’m grateful for:
-The health of my kids. I know someone whose son is very sick with cancer. It also makes me feel incredibly selfish knowing I purposely was poisoning myself with alcohol for so long, while he is being poisoned with chemo and radiation.

• The position I have worked hard to get to in my company. Not having a college degree I never thought I would.
  • My mom, sisters and brother. We all went thru a lot together since I was a kid but we all stuck by eachother.
4 Likes

I am grateful that I will be sober for my son’s senior year. Also that I will be in good shape for his graduation in the spring. A few months ago I was’nt too sure about that.

2 Likes

I like posting instead, I’m really bad at journaling everyday…just writing in general actually. I’m like I’d rather just type it up, so much faster! Haha

1 Like

Thanks. Probably the most devastating news you could ever get. Tough times. She’s the strongest little peanut I have ever met…and she deserves to have her “whole mommy” around for a very looooong time!:blush:

1 Like

I’m grateful for my pups, the ability to vote and for lemon cream cookies :blush:

I got a big smooch from my pupper, Berg, when I told him I voted today lol

1 Like

I hydroplaned yesterday and thought I was going to crash. So today I’m grateful for my sobriety and that I’m safe and sound. Have a great day everyone!!! :honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

Been struggling, and today was a doozy. Wrote a lengthy rant and deleted it. Pulling focus from the bad and giving it to the good seems more productive. Found this old thread.

Today I am grateful for my health, my husband and his health, my house and the beauty that surrounds it, and Drag Race UK which I am clinging to for dear life to help calm the internal shit storm.

2 Likes

I am grateful for my son. And my health. I see so much illness & sadness in my work, so it makes me thankful to be well. I’m also thankful for this site and the amazing folks I’m meeting here.
Another side note: I have been very sad that I have no videos or voice recordings etc of my mum. I lost her to pancreatic cancer a few years ago. A coworker asked for a recipe I had and I was searching a keyword in my inbox. A thread of emails came up from mum, back when she was first diagnosed. They brought lots of emotions, tears, etc but I realized how lucky I was to at least have those typed words of hers :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes