It looks like I’m about to get diagnosed with this.
My blood test has come up positive.
I feel a bit scared and alone about it.
Does anyone here have this? What is your experience of it? What should I expect?
It looks like I’m about to get diagnosed with this.
My blood test has come up positive.
I feel a bit scared and alone about it.
Does anyone here have this? What is your experience of it? What should I expect?
I’ve just had a very recent diagnosis of early/mild Graves Disease (my TSH has been historically low or low normal for 20+ years, with most other thyroid labs in normal range). New doc a bit more proactive. The diagnosis was based on radiative thyroid uptake scan. Saw an endocrinologist recently who opted not to treat based on symptoms (or lack or overly concerning symptoms/having manageable symptoms). Have labs upcoming to check antibodies and we’ll go from there. Plan is to monitor labs only for now. Of interest, I’m curious if this is impacting my predisposition to make kidney stones.
Thanks for sharing Salty.
We’re in this together.
So far I just have it indicated in a blood test.
My most notable symptoms are lump on the neck and feeling like I’m being strangled/gripped about the neck, this has been ongoing and worsening.
Tiredness/ irritability /anxiety, which I had attributed to perimenopause.
Extreme hair loss.
Growing appetite but not gaining weight.
I have a meeting with the doc tomorrow and they want to do another blood test.
Expect an ultrasound of the thyroid & needle biopsy of any masses. Once pathology examines biopsy material then direction on how best to treat comes.
This is a common condition and manageable! Feel better soon, friend!
Most stones are comprised of calcium oxylate. The parathyroid glands (4 bean sized glands embedded in the thyroid gland) control calcium levels in the blood. Family Hx of stones, diet that is more likely to make them, hydration status, a person’s kidney function play roles in being a stone maker more often from what I’ve witnessed. Hope this helps.
Relatable!! ![]()
Also, I’ve had nodules on my thyroid for a few years. A couple biopsies too but all negative for malignancy. Endocrinologist felt wasn’t playing a role. Please pm me if you want to chat further/ask questions anytime ![]()
Thanks for input. My stones are calcium phosphate and cal ox. I’ve had 24 urine which is in my opinion more helpful than stone analysis to indicate what changes we can make to diet, lifestyle or meds.
Mum had predisposition for stones too but has since passed. I work in healthcare and it’s interesting (and frustrating) much of the blanket advice is to limit oxalates which isn’t always necessary or helpful (potentially harmful in some cases). But I might message you with more to not detail thread ![]()
Sure, I do my best to help.