Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products) (Part 1)

Imma leave this here

You know the constant nagging of needing a hit has been lifted. But i still have fleeting thoughts about vaping. Tonight we went to a restaurant and i parked right in front of a vape shop and i had to keep telling myself look away. You dont vape. Whatever i didnt vape. Its a win. Just wanted to acknowledge the evolution of addiction and a battle won

7 Likes

AWESOME numbers @JazzyS and @cjp!!! I still chew toothpicks after 8+ years but smoking is but a distant bad memory. Never again :people_hugging: :people_hugging:

4 Likes

Thanks Mno :pray:
Grateful for finally beating my longest streak and not having a desire to go back :people_hugging:

5 Likes

Day 1144… Whatever happened to waking up and putting a ciggie in your mouth before tea, coffee, toothpaste or breakfast.
What happened to smelling like shit and not knowing it, going through the butt ends to make 1 decent roll up,standing out in the cold and wet for the privilege of coughing your guts up. Whatever happened to all that money, health problems, yellow fingers, stained lips, dirty ashtrays, that burn mark on the new sofa.
We happened!!!
And nothing happens by accident - well done everyone :+1:

7 Likes

WOW - YES -we did happen. Thank you for all the reminders of why we are on this cleaner and healthier path. :pray:

Grrr 115 days and my mind keeps thinking about buying a vape. NO! I dont want to go back. Shut up head

7 Likes

That pesky voice! You have come so far CJ…just remember the early days and the struggle…so not worth it.

You are strong as hell! Flex those sober muscles my friend :muscle:.

2 Likes

I’m watching Apocalypse Now for the tenth time or so but for the first time in quite some years. Martin Sheen chain smoking Marlboro’s just gave me a crave for a cigarette for just a moment. First one in a loooong time. 2980 Days smoke free. Never again! Smoking is stupid. Smoking kills. And so does vaping. X

3 Likes

You could always write down a list of how great your life is going to be with vape. You know that one puff will lead to puffing for a long time.
I would expect that you know that you won’t look that cute. It’s not going to do much of anything for you other than make you feel tremendously upset that you blew your vape quit. It might even depress you and cause you duress.
Try the list out and add the things in there that will enrich your life. Should you go get the vape.
As you know, the craves will come, and the craves will go. Let them wash over you and go on their way.
You are a vape junkie. Your junkie vape is going to come in there and mess with you. You are stronger. The junkie vape can FRO. Just keep repeating that to your very own vape junkie. Sorry you’re having the craves, the same for you @Mno and everyone else w craves

1 Like

You don’t need it and you don’t really want it. Your brain is lying to you. Stay the path, blame the holidays and walk forward not back. You got this girl. :clap:t3::brain::muscle:t3:

2 Likes

Thank you so much @JazzyS @Mno @Alisa @TrustyBird nicotine is a demon for sure. I doubled down and worked out.

My life is sooo much better without vape. I really dont want to go back. Disappoint myself and others. Circle the drain of addiction. Fuck that.

Thank you all for your strength during these craves. This place fuckin rocks

4 Likes

It’s a good place because we know and we’ve felt it too. :slightly_smiling_face:

Chase me!

4 Likes

Chasing ya @TrustyBird

5 Likes

Yes!!! This brought a big smile to my face! Well done. :clap:t3::clap:t3:

2 Likes

Wow girl :heart_eyes:
4-5
… keep it going…4 months and counting :muscle::muscle:

2 Likes

8 Likes

Heck yes Jazz!! Smoking stinks. :muscle:t3:

3 Likes

Thanks Emilie…we sure are killing it… smoking does stink. So much happier with healthy lungs :people_hugging::muscle:

3 Likes

I can walk up stairs and not get winded!

7 Likes

Dude …that is awesome news! :raised_hands::raised_hands::muscle: Many more benefits to come - keep going strong :muscle:

3 Likes