Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products) (Part 1)

Congratulations and thank you for the tips :+1:

I know from past attempts that it’s the texture of the nicotine gum I’ll miss. I don’t like regular gum (flavors or texture). Kind of wish there was a nicotine gum without the nicotine :crazy_face:

1 Like

I made it 26 days, but failed to stay quit when i started crabbing with two smokers.

We are almost done crabbing. Im going to quit again. This time permanently.

5 Likes

YEEESSSSSS!!! I need folks to share the pain with :+1:

4 Likes

There is a website called nope365 too. I dipped into it when I was getting some really bad nicotine cravings a while ago and it helped. Very cig focused but a good resource.

5 Likes

Swedish fish candy. They are chewy and help that craving. Amazon has a 5lb bag for a decent price. I bought them just before a road trip.

5 Likes

I want to make this commitment

I hate ciggs
They stink and hurt my health
Ligitt a pointless habbit

2 Likes

I had my last cigarette last night at 5:30pm… It is now 10:30am. I’ll keep everyone posted… So far i’m getting cravings about every couple minutes since I woke up and an intense feeling that something is missing… Just have to make it through all the firsts…

4 Likes

Hey @Little_But_Fierce may the force be with you. For me quitting cigs was hard but I’m happy I did it. You got this!! :muscle:

2 Likes

Just got to steer clear

Its just another addiction

Got to focus on health

We can get through this; we can get through anything

2 Likes

I went back to vaping :slightly_frowning_face:
BUT I’m at a 3mg juice and diluting that with a 0mg juice. :grin:

2 Likes

@Forged, might find this thread helpful in your quitting smoking.

3 Likes

Welcome @Forged

1 Like

That’s funny… I talked with my therapist today and I agreed to halve my nicotine gum (4mg to 2mg) while I’m gearing up to stop.

Just ordered: Swedish Fish Candy (thank you @Butch) ; LifeSavers (thank you @SassyRocks), and Trident gum (my therapists suggestion).

Ordered the latest Allen Carr Quit Smoking book, which includes vaping (and apparently all forms of nicotine). Can’t remember who recommended it, sorry. I won’t get that until April 26th though.

Today’s been busier than I’m used to, so haven’t been on here as much.
Keep trying (or being) nicotine-free folks :+1::kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Allan Carr.
Absolutely the best.
If you’ve not read it you will probably like it but fair warning, it only works once.
Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ve gone as far as registering there.

Got a bit confused when it asked me to select one of three. things I was giving up: smoking, vaping, or e-cigarettes. No gum option. I’ll take a look at it again later. I might just have to pick one if those 3, just to be able to move around the site :woman_shrugging:t3::+1::kissing_heart:

Oooh! Thank you for the warning :+1::pray::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Hell yeah. Rock on with the Swedish fish. I wish you the best.

2 Likes

So far I’ve made it over 28 hours. Woo! :no_smoking:

6 Likes

That’s excellent news!!! Keep on it :+1::pray:

1 Like

Yay @Little_But_Fierce keep on trucking!!

1 Like