Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products) (Part 1)

Today has actually been a good day. Stress is down today and I’m excited to get back watching “The Blacklist” :laughing: The excitement of staying home every night!

I’m in serious envy of your 10 days, I think I lasted 1 when I tried quitting nicotine way back when this thread first started! Lol

3 Likes

I remember that Chris, you were climbing the walls!:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Pure torture!:rofl: I’m not giving up yet though. Planning on trying again this summer after this crazy virus hopefully calms down.

3 Likes

Hey @chris !!! What’s wrong with the Blacklist!!!

Trying to stop nicotine is damn hard.

Bonus…I think I’ve used up all the swear words and made some up :+1::pray::wave:

1 Like

I love the Blacklist! Watching it for the second time!!

1 Like

YESS!
I was just about to ask how you were doing! Going strong! You are doing awesome!! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Miss nicotine, but :point_down:

:+1:

4 Likes

Beautiful, Cate :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

Wahoo that’s amazing!

What’s helping you get through it? Noticing anything positive?

2 Likes

I’m not really sure @siand

I think it’s 70% determination and 30% replacement ’stuff’.

My (20-yr) nicotine gum habit was costing me about $150 a month, and was messing my gums up. I had planned to ‘try’ to stop nicotine when It was 6 months AF, but I gathered the tools I thought I’d need, and one day, I just decided to quit. Earlier than expected.
I’ve noticed there are a lit of times when I automatically reach for my nicotine gum (and I still have loads in the house :thinking:) … like as soon as I’m awake, or after a drink. I just have my replacement stuff littered everywhere and within arms reach.
I currently have about 8 replacement options:

1. Sugar free Mint Lifesavers
  2. Sugar free Fruit Lifesavers
  3. Swedish Fish (occasionally, as high in sugar)
  4. Fisherman’s Friend (x-strong lozenge, definitely an acquired taste :crazy_face:)
  5. ‘Pur’ gum (coolmint and bubblegum flavors)
  6. Spry Natural Green Tea gum
  7. I’ve cut up a few large straws to chew on.

At the 12 day stage, the craving isn’t constant anymore. No noticeable health benefits yet :woman_shrugging:t3: But that’s OK :+1::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Hello fellow sufferers. Day 18 nicotine-free achieved :white_check_mark:

How’s everyone doing? :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Hello Cate! 18 days is amazing, great job :clap::hugs:
I’m getting ready to the fact that I’m running out of liquid nic :+1: I have an arsenal of gums waiting…
How do you feel now?

2 Likes

On a solid day two with no cigg

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Hanna :raising_hand_woman: Thank you :pray:

My guard is obviously still up, but it’s getting easier. Man I was seriously grumpy the first 2 weeks, but that seems to have eased up. I do crave that first hit of nicotine first thing in the morning, that’s the one to guard against. The first. Sound familiar :thinking::sweat_smile:

I’ve narrowed down my replacement support to just two things: Spry gum (sugar and aspartame free - natural green tea flavor), and wide silicone or soft plastic straws ( cut to about 3 inches) to chew on.

Can’t wait to read your progress :sweat_smile::two_hearts:

1 Like

Bah Humbug!!!

I’ve only smoked during periods of detoxing from alcohol really and occasional boredom. I never had an addictive personality to cigarettes (about a pack a month for the past two years) especially due to my lungs hurting so badly, but I did buy a pack during my most recent detox amd smoked like 12 in a day. I threw the rest away. I shook the cravings I had to keep finishing the pack.

I know this is a drop in the bucket for some but I just had a minute and figured I would share.

2 Likes

Me neither :grin:

1 Like

Yay, you’re not giving up!

2 Likes

:slight_smile: ill get it

thank you

2 Likes

I know you will :slight_smile:

2 Likes

YAY … going to sleep now … at the end of day 21 :white_check_mark:

3 Likes