Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products) (Part 1)

Three weeks woot woot! :star_struck::partying_face::clap:

2 Likes

Yay Cate!!! Three weeks is really going places. Keep going lady.

2 Likes

Alright. Bought myself a pack of cigarettes yesterday, which is stupid I know. Ordered an e-smoker last night to cut back on nicotine.

To be continued…

2 Likes

Welcome @Flamestar, tiny steps… :muscle:

2 Likes

Thanks, tiny steps are probably the way to go. I gave up smoking in 2016 and used an e-smoker back then too. Wish I could just quit just like that, but at this point it’s a better option than getting my ass over to the coffeeshop to score pot. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Absolutely. Wise prioritising. And sobriety always first :facepunch:

2 Likes

Not a pretty’ number, but 31 days nicotine-free feels pretty good :sunglasses:

9 Likes

That’s amazing Cate @C_8 ! I’m one week off nicotine and starting to feel normalish…

5 Likes

YAY!!! I didn’t know you had actually started (stopping) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Congratulations :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Haha, quitting smokes left me vaping so now, after slow tapering of few months I’m totally zero :slightly_smiling_face:
And thanks :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Wahoo well done @C_8 that’s awesome :clap::dancing_women::sparkles:

2 Likes

I’m quitting sugar/and eating disorder, but I feel like a grumpy a-hole now that I’m feeling the withdrawals… Can I still be on this thread? :slight_smile: you guys are great- thanks for the wisdom and funny comments!

5 Likes

Every grumpy a-hole adds value to this thread. Welcome @Rosemaryday :hugs:

4 Likes

365 days smoke/nicotine free!!! I had tried for soooo many years to quit smoking and could never quite make it stick. I can’t tell you how amazing it feels right now to know that it has been 1 YEAR since the last cigarette! Best feeling ever, so grateful for the many tools that have helped me to get here and become a healthy, happy NON-smoker! :blush::clap::raised_hands::woman_cartwheeling:t4::sunflower::heart::muscle: Allen Carr’s book definitely, and the fact that I am sober… no alcohol for the past 309 days. Can’t wait to hit the 1 year mark on that one too! Life is sooo much better alcohol and smoke freeee :smiley: yipeee

9 Likes

That is so awesome, thanks for sharing your encouraging experience :pray: happy for you @emc2018!

3 Likes

2 Likes

How’s everyone doing?

6 Likes

Great job Cate!

1 Like

wow

Clearing the one month hurdle alone always seemed like such a monumental victory with the nic.

Like, ya still gotta keep your eyes out. But yeah. Good on ya, @C_8!

1 Like

Thank you!!! One day at a time, but I have my sights on triple digits, for now.

I’m a bit surprised that everyone I know is way more impressed about the nicotine. But I did do 95% of my drinking behind closed doors. So there’s that… :grimacing::joy:

3 Likes