Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products) (Part 1)

Any addiction is hard to beat. But I dunno… Nicotine is arguably less obviously life ruining and more physically addicting than a lot of things** (not a professional opinion, lol).

So respect getting over that impossible hump, yo. :+1: Keep it comin!

**Edit: This appears to be decidedly untrue. Sure as hell don’t feel that way sometimes, lol.

3 Likes

Woohoo that’s amazing, well done!

Yea nice one Cate! How are you finding it?

I was physically addicted to nicotine in a way I wasn’t with alcohol. I do miss it sometimes and occasionally go through periods of intense cravings but I know that they pass and that caving only causes more cravings!

Being smoke (and alcohol) free makes me the healthiest I’ve been as an adult, even carrying some extra weight. So that’s good.

I find it harder to get excited about quitting smoking over alcohol, I guess because the benefits are a bit less obvious i.e. reduced risk of developing smoking related illnesses in future. Really though, in many ways it is more of an achievement. I didn’t have a drink first thing when I woke up every day. I didn’t plan my day around alcohol breaks. I didn’t drink while I was driving. Drinking was a big thing for me, but I wasn’t physically addicted to alcohol and it wasn’t this insidious thing that I needed all day every day.

6 Likes

Well done you! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Well done you too :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Here I go again. Last time I got 32 days or so. Before that half a year. Gonna beat it this time :muscle::grin:

7 Likes

Yay @MortenPL I’m here with you fingers and toes crossed. Nail that bastard! :facepunch:

1 Like

Thanks! Got it so far. :muscle::grin:

1 Like

giphy (33)

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl: thanks for this @AyBee

1 Like

Id like to try to quit ciggs again

They tasted kinda gross and im kinda broke like . . . all the time. . .
My girlfriend doesnt smoke ciggs either. Im sure she would appriciate spearment more.

Im all for it

Only way to go is up
Not up in smoke

5-20-2020

7 Likes

YAY!!! One minute, one hour, one day at a time.

Daily goal: go to sleep nicotine-free :+1::pray::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Hi Matt @anon43625156
Calculate a little, f exp one year without smoking. And think of the amount of money saved. It’s not just coins. This helped me a lot as I don’t bathe in euros either :wink::muscle:

2 Likes

I’m going to remember (and use) that one!! :+1::sweat_smile::joy::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

How is it going Cate @C_8 ? :kissing_heart:

1 Like

… and 210 days alcohol-free :+1:

How about you? :hugs::kissing_heart:

8 Likes

Great job my lady! :clap::clap::clap::two_hearts:

3 Likes

hahaha batheing in euroes might defeat the purpose but its good motavation

batheing in dollar bills might give me covid

my head is telling that im not ready to quit ciggs. If this is commin with quitting ciggs, id rather deal with it now then deal with it later

Is it normal to think this?