Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products) (Part 1)

90 days. My favourite thing about quitting today - my flat doesn’t stink of smoke :+1:

4 Likes

I’m so proud of you @Hailstrom :+1: I cannot smell anything right now (after having covid) but I know I stink like an ashtray :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Thank you and get well soon :grin::pray:t2:

2 Likes

All going well. A few cravings here and there but nothing too troublesome :+1:

7 Likes

That’s huge David. Serious Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Set your alarm, @ChicagoT:grin:

2 Likes

Checking in at 15 days smoke free. Still not feeling that committed and not convinced I will string together as long as 18 months again… But for today I am not smoking and I will deal with the rest when it gets here!

8 Likes

What’s happening? You gonna get crumpy Tom @ChicagoT :flushed:

Edit I’m informed… this is amazing. You got this :facepunch:

3 Likes

Week 3 of no Cigs. I was thinking about picking up Cigars but I’m in to deep in quitting smoking already. I must continie this path of self control. I know what I have to do and I’m following through with it. The last vestiges of my old habits is dead.

5 Likes

Stopped Nicotine gum :white_check_mark: … Eventually found my substitute. ‘Falim’ sugar-free & nicotine-free gum. Love the consistency, but the ingredients are in Turkish, so who knows what’s in it. I am going through quite a few of them a day :flushed::woman_shrugging:t3:

Also, just FYI, I’m thinking of taking a break from TS, the type where a moderator suspends you for a set period, as I don’t have the willpower on my own :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Rough and grumpy days ahead

1 Like

How’s it going? @Fireweed

Enjoy your break Sue, it can be really beneficial to take some time away :slight_smile:

Hi @Hailstrom! Depends on the us election results…

1 Like

Hi @siand, how is it going? Have you read Allen Carr’s book Easyway to quit smoking ? This book is amazing and it really helped me to finally quit, for good. It removes the brainwashing and conditioning smokers have and it paves the way for the brain to connect to the healthy and happy Non-smoker that we are :star2:

2 Likes

Feeling better now? :thinking:

Yes and no. Cause I made a bet that depending on the winner I will either decrease or increase my smoking. So it’s hello grumpiness (goodbye to a certain a-hole)

1 Like

Haha, ok. So in some ways he’s done you a favour :wink: Good work cutting back :+1:

1 Like

Yes true. The question is, will we accept the result :wink:

1 Like

I did read it just after I quit and found it useful. I kept saying I would read it again… But didn’t!

Something has switched in me and I seem to have the smoking out of my system for now. I do need to do something though because otherwise I suspect that the fact I smoked for a week or two then stopped will be ammunition for my future brain to justify ‘just one’!

3 Likes