Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products) (Part 1)

Yoo small update from day 3 :rofl:
And no, I can say that after 3 months the urges are gone, not a grumpy dude anymore.

4 Likes

That’s great news @Petri :v::v:

What! I didn’t know you smoked. Anyway, awesome job @Jennajen :muscle:

1 Like

5 Likes

Woohoo @Dolse71 :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

No more Nuuskamuikkunen!

1 Like

I stopped smoking cigarettes about 10 months ago but switched to vaping and just recently quit vaping last month on the 20th it’s still tempting to vape again but I was feeling the damage to my chest. So it can be done, stopping, but I have to be committed to that decision

3 Likes

No more that one either :metal:

1 Like

I am back up to a month (and 2 days!) nicotine/ smoke free. Still really annoyed with myself for the cycle of resets over the last couple of months… But grateful that I didn’t let it go further than it did. Back to it!

4 Likes

That’s the way! Back to it girl :slightly_smiling_face::muscle:

1 Like

Thank you! It’s really cool to see the days racking up again :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

today I had a 30 second craving totally out of the blue, I was just reading on here about smoking and all of a sudden I was like yep I want one. It was a strange feeling and quite horrible TBH. Just goes to show we can never get complacent about these things.

4 Likes

Hey everyone, found this thread last night and wondered how you’re all getting on. Last Friday night, I started smoking again at 8pm after 7 months 11 days smoke-free. I was having unrelenting cravings for all of my past addictions, and went with cigs to ensure it wasn’t the alcohol or cocaine. The plan was to just have a packet laying around so I could have just one in moments like that, but we know how that plays out, in typical addict fashion I have smoked a pack every 24 hours. I reset at 5:30pm last night, managed to get through the evening and the whole night, and a couple of morning cravings, but only made it 16hours, the night sweats were horrendous. I’ve got 8 left in the packet I bought at 9:30am this morning, and really do want to stop after them. I can’t believe I started again, I’ve relapsed a handful of times so I know not one puff ever again, just like with my other addictions and relapses. Today is 122 days no alcohol, and 90 days no cocaine, I hope to be able to check in tomorrow night with 24hrs smoke-free, because I know that when I manage that first 24hrs, it’s just a matter of repeating that every day. There is a lot of motivation and success in this thread, and I thank you for starting it @Fireweed :raised_hands:t2::blush:

ETA: I’ve had a migraine since I restarted along with a burning in my chest, and when I went for 2 15 mins walks yesterday, it was much harder to breathe than it has been. Cunning and baffling indeed, really want to be free again. :pray:t2:

3 Likes

Hi @CATMANCAM I’m happy if you find this thread helpful. Wish you all the luck, but would like to gently remind that you already have a lot going on as regards not drinking/ no coke. In case your cig cravings will jeopardize your relatively early sobriety, you might want to step back and look for a better moment. Just a suggestion :slight_smile: stay strong, stay the course :muscle:

1 Like

Iam on Day 344 with cigarettes today im trying not.to think about a drag :grimacing: staying strong.

1 Like

Way to go @Truckinmonster21 :facepunch:

1 Like

Its tough :pensive:

So are you, you can do it

1 Like

That was very sweet :heart:thanks

So good to hear @Agardner