Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products)

Thank you for the encouragement and advice :smiling_face:
I’ve just finished day 3 :partying_face:.
Weirdly, I thought I’d try a random distraction technique when I got a craving…rubbing my tummy and patting my head while counting. Counting on it’s own wasn’t enough, but this took enough concentration to distract me and I can do it whenever needed as well as if I don’t have energy to do much else. If it works, it works, right :joy:
:heart::v:

8 Likes

Smoking bad
Fresh air good

11 Likes

Good you see you checking in with 8 months!!!

Love your mantra @Curtis-81

2 Likes

Thanks CJ. You have been a great example for me and I’m always happy to be a few steps behind you. Keep kicking ass :muscle: my friend.:no_smoking:

3 Likes

Look at you go Curtis :clap:t4::clap:t4:. 8 months is awesome work. Keep treating your lungs to clean fresh air :muscle:t4:

2 Likes

Thank you Jasmine. :grin::no_smoking: You are awesome too my friend. The non smoking section is a great place to be.

3 Likes

9 Likes

Yayyyy 900 days is fantastic. Keep leading the way my friend @JazzyS

1 Like

aah thanks CJ – i am super excited to see that number. :blush:

Congratulations on 8 months @Curtis-81 and on 900 days @JazzyS

I’m here with 5 days :partying_face:

9 Likes

Thank Kiki …look at you go …super happy to see you stacking up the days :hugs::muscle:t4:

1 Like

Hell yeah 5 days is awesome. How are you doing it? @Dilettante

1 Like

By eating too much and telling myself I don’t want wrinkles around my mouth :joy::joy::joy: menthol sweets have been really helpful too.
The first 2 days were really rough with a lot of cravings and withdrawal but I am stubborn!!! I have a plan to use the money I save to pay for a leisure centre pass with a pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room…a much better use of my money :money_mouth_face::smiling_face:

7 Likes

Great motivation!!

1 Like

Whoa shit! You have an amazing amount of time there. Next on to that 4th digit! Great work Jasmine :balloon::no_smoking::+1::grin:

3 Likes

Aaah thanks Curtis. It is shocking for me to see as well…I am grateful to be here and reminded daily of why we do this - it really helps me stay on track.

Grateful that we are both breathing cleaner air these days :grinning:

3 Likes

Wonderful work. Stay stubborn! That’s a great strategy and I use it myself. You are in the rough patch now but you will make it through and feel super. You got this💪

3 Likes

Odaat no loszenges
Concerned it turned into a very unhealthy habbit

Take care

4 Likes

Thank you for the support @Curtis-81 and @Cjp
It definitely helps knowing I’m doing this with other awesome people.
:heart::v:

2 Likes

Made it to the first month nicotine free! :lungs:
The cravings come and go. I can’t say they are intense, more so annoying and some days are worse than others. I am often hungry and I eat more, but I also try to walk 15k everyday to compensate a bit for the extra kcals. I need to get back on track with my diet, that’s the next goal. For now I’m just happy with one month NF :sparkles:

9 Likes