Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness 🔥 (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind) (Part 1)

I see so many people talk about motivation and finding it. It’s so hard to build the habit but so worth it. It’s easy to say this now but a few years ago I was searching for motivation :laughing:

6 Likes

Thanks, finished it last night and jumped on marketplace this morning and a guy right around the corner from me was selling an 8’ barbell for $40. Worked out perfect. :+1:

2 Likes

I honestly am not feeling this today. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::person_shrugging:

13 Likes

It might be that terrible outfit??? :man_shrugging: :rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Were coming in as the 5 seed, and we’re gonna shock the world. :rofl::muscle:

1 Like

Better stop letting Patricia call defense or you’ll be out faster than Detroit :joy:

1 Like

For sure, it definitely can be hard to build the habit! After several years of inactivity due to health issues and injuries, I’m back to the ‘habit building’ phase myself. In my self-reflection on the past, I could see where I interjected activity and fitness into my psyche and life outside of my work outs. Books, podcasts, lectures, etc. Like getting clean, making it part of who I was pushed me forward when base motivation wasn’t there; and I’ve found integrating these things into my life again has had the same result.

3 Likes

When I’m on a roll in so good, but I find it really doesn’t take much to get out the habit and just let it all fall away… Need to find the way and method of not letting external factors getting on the way off it. It’s actually mentally letting go off the routine that’s the the lynch pin for me.

3 Likes

This chunky fella finally got his gym back together… time to get back after it :wink:.

20 Likes

Ta-ta day for the win

17 Likes

Love your gym. I have a small room for mine and I’m on the look out for a pully machine I can fit in there… somewhere :person_shrugging: , but I’ve been considering wall anchoring and using more bands instead. I like how you’re really made use of the ceiling beams for that.

4 Likes

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:. I bought my pulley machine from Titan Fitness, thought about buying 1 more but I don’t really have the room for it. I made some homemade “TRX bands” that I anchored between the ceiling joists.

3 Likes

Working out today and most people love to look in the mirror at themselves and see their work and their bodies. I mostly look myself in the eyes and think about my journey in life. I see the man where I once saw a kid thinking “boy if he only knew where the road would go and what he would do, he would laugh if he knew how much he would achieve, the heartbreak, the pitfalls, and how he would claw back from all that and rise again and again and again.”

2 Likes

My “how’s that self motivational talk working for you after doing some hefty interval work?” Face

6 Likes

first sesh after my sweet beloved Pompeija fell ill and went away from us. was less regular weight lifting and more what I call fucking w weights. tears were streaming freely. lifitng has always helped me find the connections of my feelings to my body and process them. fuck death, it’s got nothing on us. love love, always. love you my Poppy. Mamma will go on for you, heavy on everything.

:broken_heart: :boar: :crown: :crown: :weight_lifting_woman:

Edit: Scottie baby girl, baby muscles, 2020.

24 Likes

I’m really sorry :disappointed: hugs to you. I’m glad you find some solace in the gym.

3 Likes

Nothing better for the mind/body connection and healing process. Glad you’re getting back to doing you. :muscle:

4 Likes

SUPER LIGHT Squat day… first one since I’ve been back and I’d really like to be able to navigate stairs and a toilet seat for the next few days :laughing:

17 Likes

I did that yday. First leg day in a month. I didnt deload as much as I should have. Quick, someone here teach me how to pee like a man! :woozy_face:

(Was fun tho.)

5 Likes

Youve heard of the she-wee right? :smile:

2 Likes