Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness 🔥 (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind) (Part 1)

Just trained arms today!!! :smile_cat: Day #1 sober!!! :DDD I’ve been hitting old PRs I’ve hit in the past like every day still!!! I love muscle memory!!! Slowly getting back to my July 2019 physique :slight_smile:

My brother took a DNA test recently, and apparently my family has good genetics for building muscle!! I feel obligated to take advantage of my good bodybuilding genetics and be fit again!!! Been working out consistently for the past 2.5 weeks for the first time in years :DDD

I seriously need to stop skipping leg days for chest/back/arms lol. Currently sitting at 185lbs at 5"7 :3

8 Likes

16 Likes

Made use of my barbell today :partying_face::partying_face:

20 Likes

So cool! I envy you! I dont have a place to keep it/workout with barbell :frowning:

4 Likes

It’s finally the time of year I get to work out on the porch :partying_face::partying_face: but when it’s in the garage I prop it up on the wall for storage.

3 Likes

Must lose weight soon!!! I almost didn’t workout today cuz was really tired but I did it anyway!!! :smiley_cat:

I have skipped legs once again :sob: Oh man, in another week from now it’ll be time to fix my diet, still focused on just rebuilding the workout habit for now :smile_cat:

8 Likes

Had my appt yesterday, 2 year surgical follow-up.

Imaging was/is clear. Fusion is great, nothing amiss structurally with the spine at the fusion or elsewhere. Discs, also fine.
Process of elimination, it’s almost certainly a muscular issue, and one that was exacerbated by the neurological deficits from my spinal cord issue (entire left leg has weakness, and my left calf/ankle don’t work at all). Figure that lack of muscle activation in the leg gets taken on in the low back/hip, and poof. There you go.
So the fusion helped the deficits from getting worse, so it helped the issue in that way.

Looks like it’s just something I’m gonna have to keep up on the preventative like I had been doing, and if it only flares up every 2 years like this time, I’ll take it.

I’m just in a weird spot mentally now. I spent 4 years wrestling with this not knowing what it was, convinced it was something bigger. Got my surgery. Thought it would fix it. Did and does help, but now having to accept this is just “it” going forward, which I have fought tooth and nail for half a dozen years.
Part of me wishes I hadn’t gotten the surgery, since this can still happen. The fusion messed with the nerves in my mid/lower abdomen so now it kinda bulges out (as in, before my upper body was like an upside-down triangle. Now, it’s closer to a rectangle). Makes me look like I have love handles when I don’t.
It’s silly and it’s a small superficial thing by comparison.

I’m trying to learn to just take the victories without having to search for something else to worry about.
I’m feeling better. I have some semblance of an answer to my problem. I am very confident I can get back to the gym next week, although this week I plan on getting in a few times to just do hip/back PT stuff to get back into the swing. That’ll be my barometer for next week.

I can get back to doing what I want. I gotta just be good with that.

12 Likes

Hey Tmac, try yoga and pilates for a few months. Focus on muscles and strength in flexibility and see if it helps? It really can’t be a bad thing to tighten up all the surrounding torso? :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice.
Yoga poses have been part of my stretching routine for 3-4 years, mostly hip and back stuff. However, I do plan on going to a yoga studio near me - I had one picked out etc and then this happened! lol go figure.

3 Likes

I’m a novice, only been going for a few/couple of months, but I can say I never want to stop now. It’s taught me first hand how important this is for our future health. I wanna be a strong gal :muscle:t3:

4 Likes

For sure. Definitely in it for long-term health and mobility, especially given my issues. I find I go through it all too fast on my own, formal class helps me slow down and do it right.

5 Likes

Alright guys, I think I might need a change from my beloved rev pyramids and a bit more organisation w my busy schedule to make gainz across the board, not just on the DLs lol, and come back from this injury saga w some confidence intact… reasearching programs for non-novice lifters and really surprised on the volume of some of them say the nsuns wants 9sets each of two core lifts, including a 1RM (!Lol what?) plus ofc accessories. I would never make that. When I still had time I could do 12 heavy sets plus small stuff. On a leg day. Bit more on pulls but I can’t do those anyway rn.

I’m looking into 531, liking what I see, and wanted to ask @Zeekinout @Dan531 if youse got any spreadsheets for two core lifts per sesh? I know you guys do/did 531 but happy for any advice from anyone else ofc.

Much love. :heart: :fire: :boar:

PS @Runningfree @Mischa84 I have sth like this and it’s great: https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51l9cAdGqvS.jpg

@TMAC it’s your journey and you’re on it. I never say this but you got this. You’ll figure it out.

9 Likes

It’s funny reading this, because I was just about to post this morning about having to switch programs. I was following something similar to that one that I think I sent to you for roughly 9 weeks. And it was entirely too much volume. The workouts were taking me about an 1:30-1:45. And I actually felt like I was getting weaker. I took an entire week off, and last night went back to a traditional PPL workout and felt great during and after.
I can’t help with the 531 cause I never did it but keep us posted if you decide to change up. :muscle:

4 Likes

Happy to read you’re feeling better! I’ve done PPL w reverse pyramids for a few years now. Always heavy and low reps, can’t do any other style, so I think 531 would suit me well.
1:45 is a long time to be pushing hard. I take that long on my longest days incl stretches and physio these days, tho time under load is less. Generally I gotta train shorter tho.

4 Likes

I hear ya. This was 1:45 of training time and it was calling for 5-6 days a week with supersets and giant sets included. After about 5 weeks, I could feel my body starting to break down a little bit. I’m not a spring chicken anymore. :grin:

4 Likes

I have no idea what you guys talking about but I love to read it anyway xD
I think I’m getting more and more into weights so maybe some time from now I will be able to talk with you :wink:
Stay strong!

9 Likes

I know you like logging with paper but I paid for this app (it wasn’t much) and its fantastic :ok_hand:

You can do pretty much anything with this app :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Very cool, thanks!

1 Like

Back in the gym this morning, but just physio and mobility exercises for core/hips/low back. Then I had time to burn so 15min treadmill walk on mild incline and additional stretching.

Felt good to be back in there but also felt strange going back. I’ve never experienced that feeling.

Back is fatigued after, so heat/ice to keep things settled. If today doesn’t cause any regression in my healing, I’ll be back Friday AM for the same routine.

Aiming to return to lifting Monday but not thinking aboit it til Sunday.

5 Likes

Get a great body and make them think you got a bbl

9 Likes