Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness 🔥 (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind) (Part 1)

Thanks man. Goal is 450, I hit 405 for one. Long way to go! But not bad for a old ex drunk Haha

2 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

Somebody’s jacked, looking good bro.

Thank you brother. I work hard for it.

Gym’s been closed for nearly 3 weeks now, so I have to improvise.

-Regular pushups (varying hand width)
-Decline pushups off the edge of my coffee table
-Triceps dips off edge of coffee table
-Biceps curls and 1-arm overhead presses with the 20lb bags of ice from my freezer
-Goblet squat with bags of ice
-Walking lunges
-Various core/lower back exercises, mostly stabilizer exercises

Just missing stuff for my upper back, which sucks. Don’t have a pullup bar or equivalent, and nothing to replicate a rowing motion.

It’s not the best, but better than nothing in the meantime.

5 Likes

That’s awesome! It’s amazing what we can do without machines :+1:

lil at home work outs with this turd

8 Likes

Super cute Mike! Big parenting points here buddy - good dad work! :innocent:

2 Likes

Thank you Matt I needed that.

1 Like

I know it brother. I am not a father myself (yet - one day I hope to be) - but I know men in my recovery group who have kids same age as yours. We’re walking a journey as men in recovery, and as dads in recovery. It is a unique journey - and it’s important, and it matters, and we’re not alone. We need to be here with each other :innocent:

You’re a good dad Mike. And there are other good dads just like you, also recovering. You can do it, and we’re here with you through all the ups and downs :grin: :weight_lifting_man: :hugs:

1 Like

quick lunch break work out, nothing better then working out in jeans :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Killing it at crossfit

8 Likes

Damn, there yah go bud. Can’t wait to start getting up to that. I’m still pretty new to lifting. It’s kind of like sobriety I think it’s all gonna happen over night lol, I know I’ll get there quicker sober tho

2 Likes

365 squat on a cut… Light weight baby!

7 Likes

You guys, today was supposed to be leg day but I’m battling with depression so heavily these last couple days, I couldn’t even lift the bar once, no joke. So after some tears of frustration and anxiety and five cups of coffee I changed over to accessory. Atm thanking the universe on my lunging knees I had it in me to be spontaneous enough to do that and stick at it, even though I’m literally taking three times as long and it’s unusually hard and the head is all worries and madness.

Not the usual gym selfie post, I know, but life, eh. Wishingg everyone strenght and grace. :pray:

7 Likes

Damn, like 15 minutes straight? No breaks of burpees that’s pretty awesome lol

3 Likes

That’s awesome I’m gonna give it a try:)

2 Likes

Been a while, hope everyone is doing well.

27 Likes

Gyms are open again, lets go!

PR 410# for 4 reps

7 Likes